Sign in to follow this  
paul.bridges.3388

Leica Fotos Q2

Mine won't connect

The phone and camera recognise each other and they start handshaking and then it won't connect.

iPhone XS Max

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dancook said:

Mine won't connect

The phone and camera recognise each other and they start handshaking and then it won't connect.

iPhone XS Max

Mine will connect only intermittently.  Then drops, etc.  Very very poor, all things considered.  iPhone XS.

Edited by paul.bridges.3388

My Q2 is somewhat slow connecting to my ancient iPhone 6, but works well.

Q2 w/ XS Max here. Agree, not worth trying to use at the moment considering slow connection and transfer speeds. The remote control option was interesting and seemed to be ok but not something I personally need to take advantage of. 

All it really did was push me to shoot DNG only and save the space taken up by JPG. I’m also skeptical updates can make up for the slow WiFi/Bluetooth chips.

I have. A stable connection established quickly and find the app very worthwhile. Use it to transfer DNGs to Lightroom from my Q2 to my iPhone XS Max when I’m in the go. Love that. 

Three big problems though:

1. It bricks the camera after every connection. Only solution is to remove battery.

2. The remote doesn’t allow the most simple manual controls making a capable camera very bad. On average the iPhone will take better pics than the Q2 with the remote due to better IQ. The whole idea of a Leica for me is manual control and ergonomics 

3. No video  and no video with the remote. This is a tragedy. Is so useful. Fuji does it great and I have one but wish I could do it with the Q2. Preferably with control over focus (auto/manual) aperture shutter speed and iso. 

Agree to all of the above.  All I wanted was for the GPS to work.  On a trip now using trails and GPX files that seems to be working thanks to great information on this forum.