Sign in to follow this  
kentishrev

SD card stuck in CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Help!  I changed the SD card in my CL. It felt a bit solid as I pushed, so tried to take it out again. No luck. It’s stuck.

On the plus side, it is working. But that’s not really the point!

Has this happened to anyone else? Easy solution possible?

It did happen to me.  New CL, new card.  I pushed it in to trigger the release then gently eased it out with a pair of long-nose pliers.  As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would have stopped.

There was nothing wrong visually with the SD card (a Sandisk 128Gb recommended by a forum member in the Q&A section) so I smoothed the edges with my finger nail and then tried inserting and releasing it 10 or so times in the SD slot on my laptop.  Now works fine in the CL.  Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, rob_w said:

As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would

It worked, thank you. Tweezers did it.  Seems fine now!

7 hours ago, rob_w said:

It did happen to me.  New CL, new card.  I pushed it in to trigger the release then gently eased it out with a pair of long-nose pliers.  As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would have stopped.

There was nothing wrong visually with the SD card (a Sandisk 128Gb recommended by a forum member in the Q&A section) so I smoothed the edges with my finger nail and then tried inserting and releasing it 10 or so times in the SD slot on my laptop.  Now works fine in the CL.  Hope this helps!

I have a Sandisk SD card that did the same thing. I was hesitant to do what you tried but will give it a go. Thanks for trying.

And another one here..new CL, easy pull with needle nose pliers.

I smoothed the edges of the SanDisk SDXC with a the rough end of a kitchen ScotchBright pad. Works fine now.

Someone’s tolerances are off..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bgb
      I purchased a Q end of last year, liked it so much that I sold my Nikon DSLR, Lumix FZ-2500 and Fuji XE-T3. I then purchased the CL with the 18-56mm lens a few months later. Now with adapters to use my Rokinon wide-angles, and 7 Artisan lenses I find myself using the Leica CL way more than the Q.  There's no doubt that the IQ of photos from the Q, a full-frame camera, are better than the Leica CL, t's a fantastic camera and lens with macro capability.. But I'm thinking of selling it add more lenses for the CL (or at least pay it off 😎).   Anyone else face this situation?    BTW, with all that's going on in the world at this time, I'm fully aware that this is no big deal, but it keeps my mind off the other cataclysmic issues  we're experiencing.  All opinions welcome, any recommendation for lenses?...thanks.  I am currently waiting for arrival of the TTArtisan 35mm F1.4 lens to ship.  Be Well everyone.
    • By twcxz
      Hi everyone, 
      I'm currently working on a project to once and for all fix the analogue Leica CL's broken take up spool problem, by 3D printing them. 
      I've ran a roll through mine with version 2 of the spool and it works pretty good, but i'm working on version 3 which should be better still - I got the dimensions slightly wrong on this one - it's too short.
      How many of you CL owners would be interested in buying such an item? They'd cost around £20 and be sold through eBay all said and done, and I'd make a video showing how to take apart the CL and install them, as well as reassembly - International shipping would happen too through the eBay GSP as I'm UK based.
      The attached photo is version 2 and not by any means the final version as this is still in very early development, but the quality of the ones that go on sale will be much higher. This one was printed by a friend of mine, but I'm soon going to acquire my own printer and make them much better.
      I know also that this doesn't look anything like the original, but when I copied the original part dimension for dimension, curve by curve, it didn't work and suffered the same problems as the original.. immediately. Thus I simplified it and made it more "3D Printer friendly."
      Thanks
      Tom

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By me.daveobrien@gmail.com
      Hey all,  was curious about how the technical aspects of the Zeiss Biogon lenses ( 25mm or 28mm ) would match up with the CL + adapter. Im between either of those or the TL 23mm Summicron. Main use cases being travel and street photography.
      The image render from the Zeiss seems almost better than the 23mm but worried that it wont perform as well on the CL vs a dedicated lens. 
      Has anyone used both on a CL or T? 
      Thanks in advance.
    • By nicci78
      After lots of discussion about future of APS-C. How many of you think that the real reason for CL/TL being held back is the lack of native lenses ? 

A little history :
      - 2014 : T was released with two lenses : 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 & 23mm f/2.0
      - 2015 : Then two more with 11-23mm f/3.5-4.5 & 55-135mm f/3.5-4.5
      - 2016 : Leica release the only two made in Germany TL lenses : 35mm f/1.4 & macro 60mm f/2.8
      - 2017 : CL was released with 18mm f/2.8 pancake lens  
      Leica were on a good track, 1 or 2 TL lenses per year. But after 2017 ? Nothing happened at all ! 
      We should have 10 to 14 lenses by now. Not 7. 

Only 1 fast lens. Only a trinity of slow zoom lenses. Only 2 compact prime lenses.
      None of them have OIS. None of the bodies have IBIS. 
      No portrait lens, aka equivalent to fast 85/90mm or 70-200mm f/2.8. 
      No fast wide angle. ex : equivalent to fast 18/21mm. 
      These lens cannot be replaced with any adapted M and R lenses. 

So what’s the problem here ? Leica may think that APS-C line do not sell well enough. So they stop releasing new lenses  ? It is a kind a vicious cercle. But  no new lens = death of the system. 
      Just like they left the S line died by releasing only bare minimum body upgrade and no new lenses for half a decade. 

So what do you think about this situation ? 
    • By raadoo
      My [almost] two year old Tekiac Stealthcover’s tripod mounts popped out - yes, both of them. And the plastic started cracking around the tripod mounts, to boot.
      Thinking it’s time to update it anyway I went to LFI (where I first got it from) but lo and behold, it’s not there anymore.
      A quick visit to the Tekiac website and wouldn’t ya know it, it’s no longer in production.
      Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative? Really only need it to do the three things the Stealthcover did well:
      Have a grip Cover the logo Have a tripod mount Bonus points if it comes in black 🤟
      Thanks!