SD card stuck in CL

It did happen to me.  New CL, new card.  I pushed it in to trigger the release then gently eased it out with a pair of long-nose pliers.  As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would have stopped.

There was nothing wrong visually with the SD card (a Sandisk 128Gb recommended by a forum member in the Q&A section) so I smoothed the edges with my finger nail and then tried inserting and releasing it 10 or so times in the SD slot on my laptop.  Now works fine in the CL.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rob_w said:

As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would

It worked, thank you. Tweezers did it.  Seems fine now!

7 hours ago, rob_w said:

It did happen to me.  New CL, new card.  I pushed it in to trigger the release then gently eased it out with a pair of long-nose pliers.  As long as the release mechanism can be triggered, I figured it should come out easily enough, which it did, as it was only a bit of friction.  But I was very gentle with the pull.  Any resistance, I would have stopped.

There was nothing wrong visually with the SD card (a Sandisk 128Gb recommended by a forum member in the Q&A section) so I smoothed the edges with my finger nail and then tried inserting and releasing it 10 or so times in the SD slot on my laptop.  Now works fine in the CL.  Hope this helps!

I have a Sandisk SD card that did the same thing. I was hesitant to do what you tried but will give it a go. Thanks for trying.

• 2 years later...