Q2 - 1/15th Handheld & Sharp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In multiple threads people have brought up the issue with a 47MP in that you won't be able to get sharp shots hand held..

I'm not sure what the conditions are for this argument, and I've never shared the same concern, but I just happened upon a 1/15th photo I took last night, and it's sharp.

Q2 - 1/15th by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

the other one i've already posted is sharp, but 1/30th 

Q2 - Gavin by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Edited by dancook
  • Like 9

In the first image, individual hairs on the gent on the right's head are razor sharp.  So much for the claim that you can't hand hold a 47mp camera at 1/15 and get sharp results.  @Daniel, this image is outstanding.

That image and this short video make me want a Q2 even more than I already did:     https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/en/blog/video-best-of-q-1850.html

The only problem at this point - other than availability - is the $5K USD price of admission... 🙄

Edited by Herr Barnack

On 4/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, dancook said:

In multiple threads people have brought up the issue with a 47MP in that you won't be able to get sharp shots hand held..

I'm not sure what the conditions are for this argument, and I've never shared the same concern, but I just happened upon a 1/15th photo I took last night, and it's sharp.

Q2 - 1/15th by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

the other one i've already posted is sharp, but 1/30th 

Q2 - Gavin by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

But, not everybody has the same stability of hand, nor the slow-shutterspeed shooting technique required.