Barnack Challenge #37 - close up / Makro

muellerman779

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...here we go :D 

Thanks an best wishes to Earl our most successful participant of the last years! I'm proud to organize the 37th challenge in his name: With the screw mount Leica into the close-up range! Get your BOWOUs, NOOKYs and other close-up accessories out into the sun! Close-up and macro photography with the technical opportunities of the times of our grandfathers, that's the theme of your next Barnack Challenge 🤩 

Dank und beste Grüße an Earl, unseren erfolgreichsten Teilnehmer der letzen Jahre! Ich freue mich, die 37. Challenge in seinem Namen zu organisieren: Mit der Schraub-Leica in den Nahbereich! Los, Freunde: Lasst Eure Stäbchen-Geräte, Nahvorsätze und sonstiges Schraub-Nah-Zubehör mal wieder die Sonne sehen!  Nah- und Makrofotos mit den technischen Möglichkeiten aus Großvaters Zeiten ist das Thema der nächsten Barnack Challenge. 

Taking pictures / fotografieren: 15.04.2019 - 27.04.2019

Developing, scanning, publishing / entwickeln, scannen, posten: 28.04.2019 - 10.05.2019

Voting / abstimmen: 11.05.2019 - 18.05.2019

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb thomas_schertel:

Schönes Thema. Heißt das: Visoflex II darf ich nicht nehmen? :) Der stammt aus meines Vaters Zeiten.

Ich würde sagen: Die Schraub-Zeit dauerte von 1925 - zur IIIG 1957. Alle originalen Leitzhilfsmittel für die Nah-Fotografie aus dieser Zeit, an die sich die Schraubleica adaptieren lässt, ist erlaubt. Einverstanden? 

I would say: The screwmount time lasted from 1925 - to the IIIG in 1957. All original Leitz close-up accessories from this time, to which the screwmount-Leica can be adapted, is allowed. Agreed?  

Edited by muellerman779
  • Like 1

Die IIIg wurde erst '57 eingeführt und die letzten Exemplare sicher noch Anfang der '60er von den Händlern über den Ladentisch gereicht. Dazu gab es dann auch schon den Visoflex II in der Gewindeversion, wenn ich mich richtig erinnere. Das für die wissenschaftlich-technische Photographie ausgerichtete Zubehör zur Schraubleica war zu seiner Zeit das wohl umfangreichste Zubehörprogramm dass  man in diesem Sinn zu einem Kamerasystem erwerben konnte. Allenfalls das Exakta-System war zu dieser Zeit vielleicht konkurrenzfähig. Es sollte zum Bestreiten dieses Wettlaufs also hinreichend Spielzeug zur Verfügung stehen.

Regulär benutzt - also keineswegs aus Nostalgiegründen, sondern weil als alleiniges Werkzeug an einem Arbeitsplatz vorhanden - habe ich eine Ig mit Aristophot-Stativ, Mikro-Visoflex I / MIKAS und Ortholux-Mikroskop noch zu Beginn meiner Ausbildung Anfang der 1980er Jahre - und es sind durchaus vorzeigbare Bilder damit entstanden. Meist schwarz-weiß auf Agfapan 25, aber häufig auch Dias auf Ektachrome 64T. 

Viel Spaß und Erfolg allen Teilnehmern!

Wolfgang

Edited by wpo
  • Like 1

Sorry, but no, since I had to learn how amateurish incorrect the last evaluation was carried out here, I refuse to participate in the next and probably further Barnack competitions.

18 hours ago, mnutzer said:

Sorry, but no, since I had to learn how amateurish incorrect the last evaluation was carried out here, I refuse to participate in the next and probably further Barnack competitions.

Don’t quite understand what upset you, how people voted? surely we are all amateurs here?

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dr. No:

in the future (as done in the past) we should vote by naming the title of the picture and the author and not #thread or #picture - that was all mixed up the last time - think that is what mnutzer means ...

Exactly, it was initially pointed to a single obviously flawed rating.
To conclude that all instead of the ordinal number of the article inside the thread consecutively count the set images picture after picture falsified the result to my opinion.
But this could be easily corrected in future, if title of image, ordinal of contribution and name of the photographer would be listed together.
Unclear interpretations could then not be included in the assessment as long as they are not properly named by the evaluators.

After the initial confusion over posting numbers/picture numbers I did go back through the voting to check the votes were logged against the correct picture, I don’t think I got the results wrong?

in fact this posting is showing as #1 as I am reading it now on an I pad, it should be #11

when I was going through the curves picture voting I was not initially looking at posting numbers, they just show as feint numbers that I did not think were important.

Edited by Pyrogallol

I have just now been back through the score sheet I used for the curves entries. Three people did not state who’s picture they were voting for but used an image or posting number. At the time I did ask people to be clear who they were voting for. I have checked the scores again and get the same answers. “erl” was and still is the clear winner.

i spent more than 40 years doing multi million pound public sector payrolls, so I should be able to add up a few numbers. If there was an error please show me where ?

when I retired I intended giving up doing admin tasks !

Edited by Pyrogallol