SL2 Sensor: Panasonic S1 or S1R / Leica Q2?

Donut

Advertisement (gone after registration)

36 minutes ago, NRKstudio said:

This is extremely ignorant.   To believe partershnips don’t benefit and push product development.

That's the opposite of what I wrote. Almost every brand does it, and it's a good thing. I apologise if my comment was confusing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BernardC said:

Not this again...

Every once in a while someone appoints themselves the mission to "prove" that whatever Leica does isn't Leica at all... This kind of thing appeals to conspiracy theorists (it's a personality type).

No worries, I’m sorry my comment wasn’t clear either.  I was addressing this first paragraph which says my comments was to “prove” that Leica didn’t wholly derive their product.  And that it was indicative a personality defect to think otherwise.  

I picked up the new Panasonics at B and H a week or so ago, it may produce the same or better images than the SL2 but I didn't like the way it felt in my hands, the dials, etc .... if design matters to how you shoot (it does to me), I  will wait for the SL2 and hope it is a bit smaller and lighter than the SL. Swapped my Q for a CL about a year ago for need, enjoy the CL a lot not so much the cropped sensor (hate doing the math on the lenses), but IQ is terrific. Point is that beyond the sensor, color rendition and external design and simplicity of menus do matter. Otherwise we would all own bodies of different brands and Leica would be resolved to producing only lenses with adapters to fit.

• Like 3