Leica Q2 Half cases are released.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, iQ2 said:

Wow. They added English subtitles. Cool. My Q2 Arte de mano case is being made. I had one on the Q for 3 years. Loved it. No regrets. 

How often do you have the case on when going out to shoot? What scenarios do you like to have case on versus not etc? Just trying to see if it would be worthwhile for me to have a half case. Thanks in advance. 

30 minutes ago, Vov said:

How often do you have the case on when going out to shoot? What scenarios do you like to have case on versus not etc? Just trying to see if it would be worthwhile for me to have a half case. Thanks in advance. 

Stays on 100% of the time... allows full access to SD/ battery if so desired.

Case is for protection... and offers a bit of style... many different options for leather styles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vov said:

Mine is also on 100% of the time. I got the bottom flap that allows full access to the battery and SD card so I will very rarely take the case off. Even then it’ll just be to check no dirt got in and is rubbing. This is exactly the way I used my Arte di mano case on my Q for 3 years. Now, I’ve sold the Q with the case and it’s darn near perfect. No dings, scratches or scrapes. I attach an Arca Swiss plate to the bottom when using a tripod. Otherwise, that plate stays in my bag. I got the 120 cm strap. I like to carry the camera across my body and around on my hip. It works for me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Mine is also on 100% of the time. I got the bottom flap that allows full access to the battery and SD card so I will very rarely take the case off. Even then it’ll just be to check no dirt got in and is rubbing. This is exactly the way I used my Arte di mano case on my Q for 3 years. Now, I’ve sold the Q with the case and it’s darn near perfect. No dings, scratches or scrapes. I attach an Arca Swiss plate to the bottom when using a tripod. Otherwise, that plate stays in my bag. I got the 120 cm strap. I like to carry the camera across my body and around on my hip. It works for me. 

+ 1  My case is always on.  I have a relatively light colored leather case and it is interesting having people ask about my film or analog camera as they assumed by seeing the leather case it is an old camera.  Sometimes I play along for fun and then I show them the back screen. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

32 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Great to hear and sounds like something I would appreciate having. I love the look so wanted to make sure the functional component holds up. Too bad the much needed battery/sd access adds quite a bit to cost. 

19 hours ago, beauport said:

+ 1  My case is always on.  I have a relatively light colored leather case and it is interesting having people ask about my film or analog camera as they assumed by seeing the leather case it is an old camera.  Sometimes I play along for fun and then I show them the back screen. 

People mistake mine for a film camera because of the thumb grip. 

Look what arrived yesterday...  🙂

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jst13 said:

Lim

2 hours ago, Jst13 said:

I got my Lim Case today...in black I don‘t like a black cam with brown case and black grip🙁 Very nice case and a combination of case and real grip..perfect and for this price a bargain.

juergen

Hello,

Thank you.

Can you give the price and website please, I like black too!

I'm intrigued by the LIM's half case in part because of the built in arca-swiss compatible base plate.  This feature for me means that I truly could leave it on the camera all the time.  It looks well designed and doesn't appear to add much bulk to camera - can someone please comment on the grip ergonomics and/or general quality? thanks,

Doug

Edited by pharyngula
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pharyngula said:

I'm intrigued by the LIM's half case in part because of the built in arca-swiss compatible base plate.  This feature for me means that I truly could leave it on the camera all the time.  It looks well designed and doesn't appear to add much bulk to camera - can someone please comment on the grip ergonomics and/or general quality? thanks,

Doug

Really looks good: http://www.limsdesign.com/product/detail.html?product_no=194&cate_no=12&display_group=1

• Thanks 1