Jump to content
Giguchan

Leica Q2 Half cases are released.

Recommended Posts

On 4/6/2019 at 5:11 PM, Giguchan said:

 

Wow. They added English subtitles. Cool. My Q2 Arte de mano case is being made. I had one on the Q for 3 years. Loved it. No regrets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iQ2 said:

Wow. They added English subtitles. Cool. My Q2 Arte de mano case is being made. I had one on the Q for 3 years. Loved it. No regrets. 

How often do you have the case on when going out to shoot? What scenarios do you like to have case on versus not etc? Just trying to see if it would be worthwhile for me to have a half case. Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vov said:

How often do you have the case on when going out to shoot? What scenarios do you like to have case on versus not etc? Just trying to see if it would be worthwhile for me to have a half case. Thanks in advance. 

Stays on 100% of the time... allows full access to SD/ battery if so desired.

Case is for protection... and offers a bit of style... many different options for leather styles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vov said:

How often do you have the case on when going out to shoot? What scenarios do you like to have case on versus not etc? Just trying to see if it would be worthwhile for me to have a half case. Thanks in advance. 

Mine is also on 100% of the time. I got the bottom flap that allows full access to the battery and SD card so I will very rarely take the case off. Even then it’ll just be to check no dirt got in and is rubbing. This is exactly the way I used my Arte di mano case on my Q for 3 years. Now, I’ve sold the Q with the case and it’s darn near perfect. No dings, scratches or scrapes. I attach an Arca Swiss plate to the bottom when using a tripod. Otherwise, that plate stays in my bag. I got the 120 cm strap. I like to carry the camera across my body and around on my hip. It works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Mine is also on 100% of the time. I got the bottom flap that allows full access to the battery and SD card so I will very rarely take the case off. Even then it’ll just be to check no dirt got in and is rubbing. This is exactly the way I used my Arte di mano case on my Q for 3 years. Now, I’ve sold the Q with the case and it’s darn near perfect. No dings, scratches or scrapes. I attach an Arca Swiss plate to the bottom when using a tripod. Otherwise, that plate stays in my bag. I got the 120 cm strap. I like to carry the camera across my body and around on my hip. It works for me. 

+ 1  My case is always on.  I have a relatively light colored leather case and it is interesting having people ask about my film or analog camera as they assumed by seeing the leather case it is an old camera.  Sometimes I play along for fun and then I show them the back screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

32 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Mine is also on 100% of the time. I got the bottom flap that allows full access to the battery and SD card so I will very rarely take the case off. Even then it’ll just be to check no dirt got in and is rubbing. This is exactly the way I used my Arte di mano case on my Q for 3 years. Now, I’ve sold the Q with the case and it’s darn near perfect. No dings, scratches or scrapes. I attach an Arca Swiss plate to the bottom when using a tripod. Otherwise, that plate stays in my bag. I got the 120 cm strap. I like to carry the camera across my body and around on my hip. It works for me. 

Great to hear and sounds like something I would appreciate having. I love the look so wanted to make sure the functional component holds up. Too bad the much needed battery/sd access adds quite a bit to cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, beauport said:

+ 1  My case is always on.  I have a relatively light colored leather case and it is interesting having people ask about my film or analog camera as they assumed by seeing the leather case it is an old camera.  Sometimes I play along for fun and then I show them the back screen. 

People mistake mine for a film camera because of the thumb grip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is being made too . Chances are it'll  get here before the  Body does...  fact is all of the accessories will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look what arrived yesterday...  🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my Lim Case today...in black I don‘t like a black cam with brown case and black grip🙁 Very nice case and a combination of case and real grip..perfect and for this price a bargain.

juergen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jst13 said:

Lim

 

2 hours ago, Jst13 said:

I got my Lim Case today...in black I don‘t like a black cam with brown case and black grip🙁 Very nice case and a combination of case and real grip..perfect and for this price a bargain.

juergen

Hello,

Thank you.

Can you give the price and website please, I like black too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Lim’s case from Amazon. Great quality case and gives a access to battery and sd card withou removing the case. Very proud of this purchase as with my Q2. 

Louie Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnikiMu said:

 

Hello,

Thank you.

Can you give the price and website please, I like black too!

Etsy.com search for leica q2 half case. Current the only way to buy out of Germany. 

Edited by Jst13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm intrigued by the LIM's half case in part because of the built in arca-swiss compatible base plate.  This feature for me means that I truly could leave it on the camera all the time.  It looks well designed and doesn't appear to add much bulk to camera - can someone please comment on the grip ergonomics and/or general quality? thanks,

Doug

Edited by pharyngula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pharyngula said:

I'm intrigued by the LIM's half case in part because of the built in arca-swiss compatible base plate.  This feature for me means that I truly could leave it on the camera all the time.  It looks well designed and doesn't appear to add much bulk to camera - can someone please comment on the grip ergonomics and/or general quality? thanks,

Doug

Really looks good: http://www.limsdesign.com/product/detail.html?product_no=194&cate_no=12&display_group=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a fan of the Angelo Pelle half-cases.  I have his cases for my M Type 240, my Q and my Sony X100F.  Excellent craftsmanship, quality and utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...