Q2 firmware wishlist

32 minutes ago, Whitford said:

I would like the ability to adjust the size of raw files (S, M, L).

That is not likely to happen, but an information reduced RAW is interesting because so far, it is antithetical. It is like asking for a compressed version of a pint of beer.

Edited by pico
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Whitford said:

No, its not.

Certainly it is. Compressed DNG? (Lossless or not?) To what end, please? In your opinion, what might the trade-offs be? Thank you for hanging in here with your query. It is interesting.

Edited by pico

10 minutes ago, AnikiMu said:

I would like the ability to read the exif in-camera;

What’s important that’s missing from the capture details provided on the screen with each image in-camera and using Play.  And you can also see EXIF via the Fotos app.   

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, pico said:

Certainly it is. Compressed DNG? (Lossless or not?) To what end, please? In your opinion, what might the trade-offs be? Thank you for hanging in here with your query. It is interesting.

Show me a modern day digital camera in the enthusiast/pro level bracket that does *not* have the option to adjust the size of raw files.

• Like 1

My number one: A way to get the pictures directly to the computer over WiFi. Since there's no USB port and I don't like having to fiddle with the SD-card - I didn't have to do that for years with my other cameras.

2. Lower battery consumption for Blutooth. After connecting to the Fotos app, the battery was completely drained overnight (and the camera was off!).

3. Get GPS done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jst13 said:

Only Canon has the option for smaller Raw files....and it works only so lala

all other do not have this ...all only in jpg because RAW=RAW. 

Leica M cameras have had the option of lossless DNG compression for years.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pico said:

That is not likely to happen, but an information reduced RAW is interesting because so far, it is antithetical. It is like asking for a compressed version of a pint of beer.

Half a litre 😉

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Leica M cameras have had the option of lossless DNG compression for years.

Could be. But thats not making 47 MP dngs to as example 24Mp...what the request is.

Recuce  files to M or S size means less pixel...that only Canon is doing

6 hours ago, Jst13 said:

Only Canon has the option for smaller Raw files....and it works only so lala

all other do not have this ...all only in jpg because RAW=RAW. 

Nikon has the option on the D850, never use it. Last thing I want to do is capture an awesome image in Small RAW. 

I would like to have the still image viewfinder view (one vs. two vs. no lines of information) set in the Display Menu.  Then allow the center button to just switch between still and video. Better yet, I would like it to be programmable to allow the centering of the field or spot focus point. 

If the above happens, would like Thumbwheel center button programmable to switch between still and video. 

Would like the image review zoom levels to be the same as the crop levels.  One click for 35mm, two clicks for 50mm, three clicks for 75mm.  

The ability to set at what shutter speed the OIS kicks in  

Finally (for now), would like the option to have the cropped image fill the viewfinder. It’s hard to hand your camera to someone and explain to them to frame an image inside the crop frame. 

Edited by T.J.
  • Like 1