Q2 FN and Thumbwheel Buttons

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As someone new to Leica and the Q2, I thought in might be interesting to have a discussion on how others have programmed the FN and Thumbwheel buttons.  Always open to others great ideas. 

So far I have my FN button set to change the AF Mode and the Thumbwheel to change ISO.  

I have the thumbwheel for ISO and the FN button for user profiles, but for some reason every now and then the function button reverts to having all the options. If anyone has any ideas of what I could be doing wrong, that would be highly appreciated ..

2 hours ago, Fedro said:

for some reason every now and then the function button reverts to having all the options. If anyone has any ideas of what I could be doing wrong, that would be highly appreciated .. 

Is it possibly the difference between a quick, short press and a longer press? The short press should display the default option you program to the Fn button and a long press should show all available options you've programmed to that button.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

apologies, I did not describe the issue properly. I need to resort to long press to select User profiles, because when I set FN to select User Profiles in menu, after a few hours it mysteriously reverts back to WB, which is where it was when I first turned it on .. so I need to long press and select user profiles (I cannot be bothered to go through the menu again every time)

Fedro

Fedro, I can't explain what you see, sorry. All I can say is that I've put user profiles on my Favourites menu (which I appreciate may not be convenient enough for you) and I've not yet used the Fn button sufficiently to see if the programming of it in fact sticks. Sorry not to be more helpful. Maybe someone else will chime in with a more useful observation.

Stephen

Am 6.4.2019 um 19:37 schrieb Fedro:

I have the thumbwheel for ISO and the FN button for user profiles, but for some reason every now and then the function button reverts to having all the options. If anyone has any ideas of what I could be doing wrong, that would be highly appreciated ..

I have experienced with the Q1, that every (and I mean EVERY) adjustment/personalization is saved in your user profile, e.g. even the layout of your personalized short menu.

So maybe you have just saved the function of the FN button ("user profiles") in one of your user profiles. Whenever you change to another user profile, the FN button has the old function. Happened to me two or three times... So just make sure that the settings for your thumbweel are really the same in all user profiles.

Edited by Macberg

23 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

Fedro, I can't explain what you see, sorry. All I can say is that I've put user profiles on my Favourites menu (which I appreciate may not be convenient enough for you) and I've not yet used the Fn button sufficiently to see if the programming of it in fact sticks. Sorry not to be more helpful. Maybe someone else will chime in with a more useful observation.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

3 hours ago, Achim63 said:

I would guess one of the user profiles that you switch to has the FN button set to WB. You'd have to switch it to the function you want and re-save that profile.

I think you are right

1 hour ago, Macberg said:

I have experienced with the Q1, that every (and I mean EVERY) adjustment/personalization is saved in your user profile, e.g. even the layout of your personalized short menu.

So maybe you have just saved the function of the FN button ("user profiles") in one of your user profiles. Whenever you change to another user profile, the FN button has the old function. Happened to me two or three times... So just make sure that the settings for your thumbweel are really the same in all user profiles.

Indeed you and Archim63 are correct. In fact, paradoxically as soon as I stopped using the profiles, the FN button is no longer switching around! Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...