S T R A P ??

zorky

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I prefer a hand strap over a shoulder strap most of the time.  The leather Herringbone camera hand strap (or clutch if you prefer) works perfectly and is very comfortable used on my SL in connection with the RRS L-bracket. Since I attached it I have not once used a shoulder strap.  

I haven't yet tried it on the S1R, but I see no reason why it would not work as well with it in connection with the BP-CS plate.  I should know in a few days; I have another one on order.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Herringbone-Heritage-Hand-Strap-Grip-for-DSLR-Camera-Black-Red-Stitching-Type1/173581311842?hash=item286a409f62:g:zqkAAOSw5atbvbld

• Like 1

4 hours ago, relms said:

I prefer a hand strap over a shoulder strap most of the time.  The leather Herringbone camera hand strap (or clutch if you prefer) works perfectly and is very comfortable used on my SL in connection with the RRS L-bracket. Since I attached it I have not once used a shoulder strap.  

I haven't yet tried it on the S1R, but I see no reason why it would not work as well with it in connection with the BP-CS plate.  I should know in a few days; I have another one on order.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Herringbone-Heritage-Hand-Strap-Grip-for-DSLR-Camera-Black-Red-Stitching-Type1/173581311842?hash=item286a409f62:g:zqkAAOSw5atbvbld

Thanks, that's exactly what I've been looking for.  I usually just wrap the neck strap around the palm of my hand, but it's not the most effective or elegant solution.

I've ordered the Herringbone, and while it comes with a base plate that is allegedly compatible with an Arca mount,  I've also ordered the RRS the BP-CS.

• Like 1

The Herringbone strap/grip and RRS plate arrived and both are now installed on my S1R, however, the Herringbone was a bit of a puzzle to install, even with a Japanese video on youtube. That said, it seems to work well but will take some getting accustomed to.  Thanks again for the information.

• Like 1

I was going to come in here and recommend Tamrac's padded quick release suede straps. I think they were the "N-45" model. Looking at their site, they seem to be replaced with something that looks flimsier. This is a huge shame...I have 2 or 3 of these straps that I use on my heavier cameras like my Leica S, Mamiya 7II and now this S1. They are extremely durable and have a nice quick release mount to take the strap off for studio use. I have been using them for years, and have not found a more comfortable or practical strap for my purposes. They are not fancy, but they stay put well on the shoulder, are comfortable on bare skin, and still flexible and soft enough to wrap around your hand to use more as a wrist strap. They are also not cold like some pure leather straps can be in the winter...maybe that is a local pet peeve!

Edited by Stuart Richardson

The herringbone hand strap, despite its convoluted installation requirement, works quite well with the S1R.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Thank you for the Tamarac suggestion, but I will give the Herringbone a chance and see how it works over time.

Edited by ron777
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 7.4.2019 um 01:00 schrieb FlashGordonPhotography:

When my camera arrives the first thing I'll do is put an RRS plate on it with a QD mount. Then it will accept all the straps I have modified with QD connectors.

Gordon

I did it just like that.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, bherman01545 said:

Go with the UpStrap. Military grade hardware, US made. Nothing close for security 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer a handgrip/strap rather than a shoulder strap, as I never allow a camera to swing from my neck or shoulder.  For daily portage I use an Oberwerth messenger type bag that I shoulder carry, making camera retrieval quick and safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Artisan & Artist silk straps  -in my experience nothing more comfortable, strong, supple & versatile, all in one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by michali

Can also be used as a hand strap....

7 hours ago, michali said:

Artisan & Artist silk straps  -in my experience nothing more comfortable, strong, supple & versatile, all in one.

Did you scrape off LUMIX white lettering, or paint over?

Jeff

I used this paint: Flat Black Touch Up Paint

I find the writing on all these cameras too jarring, I've done this on all DSLRs & Mirrorless cameras that I've owned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, michali said:

I find the writing on all these cameras too jarring, I've done this on all DSLRs & Mirrorless cameras that I've owned.

Do you leave them as is in the event of sale?

Jeff

2 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Do you leave them as is in the event of sale?

Jeff

Yes I do. I've just sold a Fuji XT-2  no issue, the dealer asked if this was a stealth version Fuji 😎

If you want to go back to the original version, there's  this paint: White Paint Stick

Best,

Mike 

• Thanks 1

Am 2.5.2019 um 08:29 schrieb michali:

why don't you do it on all the engravings of the lenses as well ?

that would be "super stealthy"!