Q-P questions/observations

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can't figure out why the off/on switch basically defaults to C shooting mode - it takes a subtle touch to notch the S position - crazy!

Also the video button cannot be reconfigured to another use.

Could new firmware remedy these issues?  Otherwise, I'm very happy with the quality of the photos I am getting.  I love(d) my Fuji X100T, but the low light shots I am getting from the Q are a step above.

As a new Q-P owner myself I understand your frustration with the on/off switch. It's needlessly hard to finesse into the S position. 

I was aware the video button could not be reconfirmed when I bought the camera.

If you view my earlier thread asking about firmware updates for the discontinued Q/Q-P , the general consensus was that Leica would no longer issue firmware updates.

These are some of the reasons I am considering bailing out of my Q-P (at a big loss) and getting into a Q2. In my case I just want to make sure I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!

The Q on-off issue has been mentioned by many over the years.   It's an interesting issue as some can't turn the camera on without hitting the C setting every time while others never hit the C setting unless they forgot the camera was already on and try to turn it on again.  I'm a member of the latter group.  I've never had the opportunity to swap cameras with someone in the former group to see if it is a difference in cameras or a difference in people.

I think the most you can do with the video button is mostly disable it.  Even then I think it still work if you accidentally switch to video mode.