What's happened to LFI

edstock

Advertisement (gone after registration)

At the Leica website and saw that the LFI magazine was still around. I had had a subscription for a number of years. I sent in subscription order along with CC information. Yesterday received an email stating they were refunding my money. No explanation; can anybody give me one.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, edstock said:

At the Leica website and saw that the LFI magazine was still around. I had had a subscription for a number of years. I sent in subscription order along with CC information. Yesterday received an email stating they were refunding my money. No explanation; can anybody give me one.

Are you a US subscriber? GPI, which handles LFI subscriptions in the States, recently told me that they are no longer going to distribute LFI after this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 11:22 AM, Chuck Albertson said:

The new issue of LFI (4/2019) notes the new subscription schemes: https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/page/show/1005/__language__=en

Combined print+digital, digital only, trial subscription, and a two-year subscription.

GLP News has a recorded message that states they are closing up shop for good and that they have found another company to take over distribution of their subscriptions - but that there has been "a holdup in Germany with getting the magazines sent" and that they "appreciate our patience over the next few weeks while the details get ironed out." 

It sounds as if we in the U.S. will be lucky if we see LFI issue #4 before LFI issue #5 or even #6 is supposed to arrive.  🙄

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, johnbuckley said:

I received two printed editions in the mail yesterday, with the message that GLP has ceased doing business and LFI has taken on the task of distributing the magazine directly.

I also got issues 4 and 5 in the mail today, direct from LFI.

• 3 weeks later...

That's what I meant: https://lfi-online.de doesn't appear to be offline:

23 hours ago, farhiz said:

Sorry, it was a typo on my part. The site is lfi-online.de and not lei—nevertheless it’s been down for a couple of days now and I was wondering if anyone had any idea why. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Bart D

• 2 months later...

I have a subscription to LFI magazine which supposedly includes access to the digital version through the ios application on my ipad. The terms of subscription also states that an active subscription has access to all the past digital versions of the magazine as well. I receive the hard copy of the magazine but when I try to access the digital version of the same magazine through the app, I am being asked to pay for it again. I am logged into the app properly, I have gone through the verification process. I even deleted and reinstalled the app and went through the verification process all over again. I have sent email to LFI directly info@lfi-online.de as well as through the webpage interface for contact and feedback yet my email and contact form has gone unanswered for more than a week now.

Is anybody experiencing this same issue or have a better idea of how I should contact LFI?

Thanks,

Fred

On 11/17/2019 at 7:14 AM, SoarFM said:

I have a subscription to LFI magazine which supposedly includes access to the digital version through the ios application on my ipad. The terms of subscription also states that an active subscription has access to all the past digital versions of the magazine as well. I receive the hard copy of the magazine but when I try to access the digital version of the same magazine through the app, I am being asked to pay for it again. I am logged into the app properly, I have gone through the verification process. I even deleted and reinstalled the app and went through the verification process all over again. I have sent email to LFI directly info@lfi-online.de as well as through the webpage interface for contact and feedback yet my email and contact form has gone unanswered for more than a week now.

Is anybody experiencing this same issue or have a better idea of how I should contact LFI?

Thanks,

Fred

A follow up and the solution. 

I received my latest issue of LFI and noted that it had a different account number than earlier issues. Deleted the app and reinstalled with the new account number, revalidated and now I have all the access to issues that I was expecting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, a problem for me with LFI.
I joined, or I should write rejoined after a few years absence, and they  tell you to download the LFI app and put in your subscription number that they email you. Well, it would be nice if that subscription number worked. UGHHHH

MArk