18mm VS 23mm

I purchased the CL as a complement to my M equipment and for my DW to use. The 23mm makes a great pair with the 18-55 zoom for compactness and low light settings. But it really is not that different in size compared to a M10 with a 28mm Elmarit or a 35mm preasph Summilux. The CL, however, with the TL18mm changes the character of the camera such that it's my choice when I use it as it's a more compact and informal little camera. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I initially had the 23 and didn’t use it as I preferred the 11-23.

I got the 18mm for it’s size. It makes it possible to put in a pocket. Traded in the 23.  Fortunately don’t miss it. If I want low light the difference between 2.0 and 2.8 is compensated by a small change in ISO.

Had an 18 and was never 'really' satisfied with it...sold it and got a 11-23 which (despite smaller aperture) is a far superior lens imho  just quite bulky , to be honest, I tend to use the 35 f1.4 as a standard lens but the 11-23 makes a great carry-around all-rounder of a lens

I bought a preloved CL + 18-56 and then added a 23. The 18mm 2/3rds of an f-stop faster than the 18-56 without the flexibility of the zoom. I have a preference for the 23: “natural” field of view, 1f-stop faster, not appreciably heavier.

Edited by Le Chef

Thanks for the comments. I ended up purchasing the 23 as a demo unit with significant savings. I find it slightly better than the 18 but needs to be stopped down to f4 for optimal performance. The 11-23 is a much better lens but slower and bulkier.