How Do Some Of You Disguise Your Q / Q2 From Criminals

Advertisement (gone after registration)

34 minutes ago, Kaiden said:

Is it Practic? Or possible Practice? Or even Practices? I am really struggling with this word smithing you got going on! Help?

Time for another search.  Neil’s malaprops are legendary here.  No need to encourage.

Jeff

On 4/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Kaiden said:

The answer to this thread what completed a while ago.  Black replacement Leica logo or Tape.. etc.  thanks again for the replies and the online retailer who sales the Leica logos.. 

If a black Leica logo or strip of tape make you feel safer when out and about with your camera then I guess it’s a good solution for you. 

I would say it makes absolutely no difference to whether you will or won’t be mugged. Much better to apply usual common sense about your personal safety in general rather than have some false sense of security due to a logo or bit of tape. IMHO. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, earleygallery said:

If a black Leica logo or strip of tape make you feel safer when out and about with your camera then I guess it’s a good solution for you. 

I would say it makes absolutely no difference to whether you will or won’t be mugged. Much better to apply usual common sense about your personal safety in general rather than have some false sense of security due to a logo or bit of tape. IMHO. 

Exactly or like I mentioned before stick to an iPhone. I’m selling mine, I can’t/don’t like the 28mm focal point

neil

22 minutes ago, NW67 said:

Exactly or like I mentioned before stick to an iPhone. I’m selling mine, I can’t/don’t like the 28mm focal point

neil

Guess what prospective is found with your iPhone?  28mm!

BTW: I have gaffers tape covering all lettering and dot other than the lens.  Folks have asked me how I like my Fuji...

3 minutes ago, SonomaBear said:

BTW: I have gaffers tape covering all lettering and dot other than the lens.  Folks have asked me how I like my Fuji...

Sad

I think this might have already been said, but changing the red dot for a black dot does wonders. Leica's iconic red dot is what really makes it stand out, otherwise, it just looks like the other retro looking cameras out there like the Fuji.

For me personally, I just didn't want to draw attention that I own a Leica. I didn't buy it for the luxury aspect but for the specs (full frame, 28mm 1.7, compact, an upgrade to the fuji x100s) and the images it can produce.

If you're interested, you can pick up a black dot here: https://www.dagcamera.com/store/p157/Black_Leica_Logo_for_M6-M7-M8-M9,_M10_&_Q__Cameras._.html

vor 11 Stunden schrieb saechang:

I think this might have already been said, but changing the red dot for a black dot does wonders. Leica's iconic red dot is what really makes it stand out, otherwise, it just looks like the other retro looking cameras out there like the Fuji.

And on top of that, attach an old Leicameter MR via the hot shoe - then people believe you carry your grandfather's camera around!

• Haha 1

I’ve just bought the Q Stealthcover, as with all things Leica it’s pricey however it affords a good grip on the camera and gives better thumb access to the right side controls than the leather protector; an added bonus is that it covers up the red dot should you feel it necessary so to do.

• Like 1