summilux 28mm f1.4 on m240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hi

recently i purchased summilux 28mm f1.4 to couple with my m240. but i cant get the exif data when i have the camera automatically detecting the lens and also i cant find the lens in the list when i choose manual mode.

i found that the firmware is up to date so im thinking its not a matter of it. 

does anyone experience the same situation? any advice would be so much appreciated in line with this issue. 

Can you M240 read other coded lenses OK?  One likely problem 6-bit reader probably needs cleaning.

In the camera menu you will not find lens in the manual selection list as lens was 6-bit from day one.  6-bit coding started with M8 in 2006, any lens manufactured before could be without 6-bit pits, Summilux 28 is very recent, launched in 2015.

• 1 month later...

Another possibility is just that the Summilux 28 may have been removed from the list of M lenses in the menu. You can choose and limit the lenses you own from the full list of M lenses which has been entered per default in the software.

Did you select your lenses in the past and not remember it ?