Stormy sunset at Playa Barrika

Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Storm at sunset, a 2-minutes exposure taken at amazing Playa Barrika in the Basque Country on the Atlantic Coast of Spain during a Workshop I led there. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, jacek kurowski said:

Vieri where is your hassel?

In my bag, as we speak: both my X1D are comfortably packed for my next trip to Tuscany & Cinque Terre starting Sunday :) This is an older image, taken in 2017 with my SL & Vario-Elmarit-SL. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Vieri

Amazing spot, but I feel that the sky is overly burned and vignetted and the colors are too mono-earth.  Would love to see more of the blue gases in the sky and a spectrum of the wonderful array of sky fire colors that show up in a good sunset.  It seems that the colors may not have been all there and compensating adjustments were made in the processing, which to me don't compensate.

Those boulders do look like alligators, though.  The possibilities with them are endless!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/4/2019 at 2:42 AM, stuny said:

Lovely

Thank you very much Stuart! :)

11 hours ago, A miller said:

Amazing spot, but I feel that the sky is overly burned and vignetted and the colors are too mono-earth.  Would love to see more of the blue gases in the sky and a spectrum of the wonderful array of sky fire colors that show up in a good sunset.  It seems that the colors may not have been all there and compensating adjustments were made in the processing, which to me don't compensate.

Those boulders do look like alligators, though.  The possibilities with them are endless!

Thank you for your effort. Good thing is, your forum history taught me not to pay too much mind about what you feel, about what you would like to see, and about what seems to you to have been there or not have been there. It's just a classic case of "you reap what you saw", A Miller :) 

Best regards,

Vieri

I am just remarking how, to my eye, the entire left third of the image seems to be blocked from sight.  Whether this is intentional through process or through an over-use of NDs, I don't know.  But it would have been avoidable.  Perhaps this image would better for you in B&W??  I also might suggest increasing the highlights to the reflections in the very shallow water in the center of the image leading downward, as that seems to be where the action is. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A miller said:

I am just remarking how, to my eye, the entire left third of the image seems to be blocked from sight.  Whether this is intentional through process or through an over-use of NDs, I don't know.  But it would have been avoidable.  Perhaps this image would better for you in B&W??  I also might suggest increasing the highlights to the reflections in the very shallow water in the center of the image leading downward, as that seems to be where the action is. 

And I am just remarking that I am  not interested in your remarks, in which frankly I put no value. Therefore, it would be saving both your time and mine of you just decided to ignore my work from now on. I thank you once more for your effort, but that's just the way it is for me. Best regards,

Vieri

9 minutes ago, AndreasB said:

For me its always the same look, combined with the same subtle advertisement. 

@A miller:

Though this is a discussion forum, it seems to me that it doesn’t make sense to discuss with that guy about photos.

I hear you, Andreas and I know where you are coming from.

Viewing Vieri's photos on this forum is very enjoyable to me because it reinforces my love for film.

From time to time I find the urge to provide my constructive input.  Not mean-spirited by any means but rather a straight shooting impression of what I am seeing.  

1 hour ago, AndreasB said:

For me its always the same look, combined with the same subtle advertisement. 

@A miller:

Though this is a discussion forum, it seems to me that it doesn’t make sense to discuss with that guy about photos.

Andreas, you are entitled to your opinions. We can discuss about photography as long as you want, but that is simply not what A Miller was doing: a quick look at his forum history and at his previous exchanges with others will immediately show you what I mean about his baiting techniques - I am just not taking the bait, that's all. 

That said, I think that I have the freedom to discuss with whomever I want, and not engage with the people I find totally useless to engage with, and A Miller is most definitely one of these.

1 hour ago, A miller said:

I hear you, Andreas and I know where you are coming from.

Viewing Vieri's photos on this forum is very enjoyable to me because it reinforces my love for film.

From time to time I find the urge to provide my constructive input.  Not mean-spirited by any means but rather a straight shooting impression of what I am seeing.  

No comment on any of that, of course - as I repeatedly said, I am not interested in your input, I am not interested in what seeing my images reinforces in you, and most of all, I will not engage with anyone such as you, A Miller. I know better than that :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlanT said:

FWIW, I personally think both Vieri and Adam are very talented photographers and I enjoy viewing their work immensely.

Thanks a lot, Alan. 

Vieri  - The only thing that I will say in response to your gutter speak is that the record of my 11000+ posts make abundantly clear that - subject to some rare exceptions - I have been and am over-the-top engaging in a positive and thoughtful way.  I give credit where credit is due, take time out of my day and invest in the encouragement of other people's photography and provide valuable insight.  This is all the least that I can do given the positives that I get from the many friendly, talented and giving LUF members here.  Contrast this with you, who just posts photos with references to your paid workshops and hardly ever (and if at all it is extremely rare) will you comment on anyone else's photos or photography discussions.  And in the rare moment that you do, it is all about pontification.  

Don't worry, I am perfectly happy for you not to respond to any reactions or thoughts that I may have regarding your posts.

• Like 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Vieri:

Andreas, you are entitled to your opinions. We can discuss about photography as long as you want, but that is simply not what A Miller was doing: a quick look at his forum history and at his previous exchanges with others will immediately show you what I mean about his baiting techniques - I am just not taking the bait, that's all. 

Best regards,

Vieri

Hi Vieri,

sorry, but at the first moment your answer to A. M. looked very strict.

After some research in the LUF history I think to know what you mean...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndreasB said:

Hi Vieri,

sorry, but at the first moment your answer to A. M. looked very strict.

After some research in the LUF history I think to know what you mean...

Hi Andreas,

thank you very much for your comment, this is much appreciated indeed. Btw, A Miller's last post here, to which I will not respond, should have provided you with even more elements to make up your mind :)

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 1