Overgaard Lens Hood for Q Fits Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/6/2019 at 6:01 AM, leicamario said:

„highly impressed“ -> „use my polarizer“

what do I miss here... what is so impressive? help me out please

I have one for my Q2. Lens protection, ease in changing filters, polarizer access, cleaning and secure pinch cap versus Leica "falls-off" cap are what I see as advantages. The Leica hood and cap stay pristine in the box, also.  😉 The only con for me was the cost, which was twice as expensive as it should be IMO. 

Edited by Trankster

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered one for my Leica Q2. Have not received it yet.  It has been 3 weeks now. I simply don't understand why it take so long?  The Hood cost $ 199.00 US and I think Thorsen should spend few extra dollars to ship it faster,  by air mail or something like that. I don't think it cost more than $ 5.00 to ship.  For $ 199.00 for a tiny lens hood, it deserved a better shipping method, I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, My Nguyern said:

I ordered one for my Leica Q2. Have not received it yet.  It has been 3 weeks now. I simply don't understand why it take so long?  The Hood cost $ 199.00 US and I think Thorsen should spend few extra dollars to ship it faster,  by air mail or something like that. I don't think it cost more than $ 5.00 to ship.  For $ 199.00 for a tiny lens hood, it deserved a better shipping method, I think.

Cancel it. It's too big anyway and makes the lens so heavy and difficult to take off. 

Neil

Pure sex.....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Trankster said:

Mine took about 3+ weeks to arrive. I also emailed them at least twice asking about the status.  I like the lens hood but was not too pleased with the timing and lack of communication. 

Yes, I agree.   I emailed twice, no reply.  So this is my first purchase from him and also the last...

• Like 1

I ordered a red lens hood from his site on Sept 2 and as of today (24 days later) I still don't have a hood or any communication. I would assume even with the slowest parcel post it would have crossed from EU to USA. So far, not very impressed with their methods of business. As much as I really like Thorsten's videos, this just is crazy for a $200 lens hood.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xerxes2539 said:

I ordered a red lens hood from his site on Sept 2 and as of today (24 days later) I still don't have a hood or any communication. I would assume even with the slowest parcel post it would have crossed from EU to USA. So far, not very impressed with their methods of business. As much as I really like Thorsten's videos, this just is crazy for a $200 lens hood.

Red. You can't be serious?

And they look acuard on a Q2

8 hours ago, Xerxes2539 said:

I too had to wait over 30 days before it was shipped. Shipping came from China. After waiting for about 30 days, I filed a PayPal Buyer Guarantee procedure and then got the shipping notice about 2 days after that. The actual item itself came in less than a week, but that is the last time I order from him.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, FHPdoc said:

Of course, I should have guessed someone would ask--here you go!

Overgaard hood installs in same way as the native hood.  Comes in the box shown, wrapped in the microfiber cloth, with accompanying replacement 49mm cap.  Removed native hood and cap also shown.

Also, just got my completely refurbished/CLAed M3 with 50mm f/2 DR Summicron back from Gus Lazzari--almost new now and in BEAUTIFUL shape:

I think this will be the extent of my Leica acquisitions...

Hi nice job on the M3 but where did get those straps?

Edited by Ted Lemon