YouTube playlist for all you M-D (M10-D) shooters out there

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

for everybody who owns a Leica M-D (M10-D), is planning to get one or likes that feeling of shooting without a display I compiled a playlist with Essentials

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpZ62LYAUXRH0gRlfhmtlAhcIIvqwf6ij

This playlist also covers general Leica M topics f.e. on how to focus with a rangefinder.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Great videos! Your experience is very similar to mine. The main advantages of using an M-D is similar to those of using a film camera, except you have a much shorter wait time from shooting to the final outcome. I've subscribed to your channel so keep the videos coming!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, plaidshirts said:

Great videos! Your experience is very similar to mine. The main advantages of using an M-D is similar to those of using a film camera, except you have a much shorter wait time from shooting to the final outcome. I've subscribed to your channel so keep the videos coming!

Cool. Thank you plaidshirts. Appreciate it. 🙂 will try to keep them coming.

Edited by titan3025

Hey.
Nice you make video about M-d. I've subscribed. 😊

I have the Leica MD too old model. And very happy with it. I have almost the same lenses - 24 2.8 - 35 2.0 - 50 2.0 (zeiss) and 90 apo 2.0.
What do you think about your 50 apo 2.0, Is there a big difference in quality - If you compare 35 mm f2 with 50 apo in image quality on aperture f2 ? 

Do you think there is a (big) difference on f2 ? 

I think I'm going to buy Leica Q2 for family photos, and auto focus - so the whole family can use the camera. And my Leica MD with a 50mm makes good sense.

I know I can't compare 35mm by 50mm in image angle mm. But I think in leica "pop" colors and contrast mm.  I think my 50 mm zeiss is very good and there must be a big difference in quality to justify the purchase.

Edited by Kim Dahl

9 hours ago, Kim Dahl said:

Hey.
Nice you make video about M-d. I've subscribed. 😊

I have the Leica MD too old model. And very happy with it. I have almost the same lenses - 24 2.8 - 35 2.0 - 50 2.0 (zeiss) and 90 apo 2.0.
What do you think about your 50 apo 2.0, Is there a big difference in quality - If you compare 35 mm f2 with 50 apo in image quality on aperture f2 ? 

Do you think there is a (big) difference on f2 ? 

I think I'm going to buy Leica Q2 for family photos, and auto focus - so the whole family can use the camera. And my Leica MD with a 50mm makes good sense.

I know I can't compare 35mm by 50mm in image angle mm. But I think in leica "pop" colors and contrast mm.  I think my 50 mm zeiss is very good and there must be a big difference in quality to justify the purchase.

Hey Kim,

many thanks for subscribing to my channel. Appreciate it a lot.

I think the 50mm APO Summicron is THE lens. I personally think that the difference is huge. The design of the 50mm APO Summicron is of a completely different nature than the 35mm Summicron. Hence also the tremendous difference in price. For me the 50mm APO Summicron creates the most beautiful look I myself have ever seen in photography.

I think you and your family will enjoy the Q2. A masterpiece if you ask me. And the M-D in combination with a 50mm is a beast. Especially if you can and chose to afford the APO Summicron. I will not be able to give you the arguments to convince you to buy the 50mm APO Summicron (that would not be fair) but you should consider it. What I also hear is that it is even better on a M Monochrome. The micro contrasts it generates are just magical.

• Like 1