HELP: Howto take a CL apart?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SORRY that I already posted about this in another thread, but am posting it was a clearer title.

CONTEXT:  I sent my CL off to Life Pixel for an IR conversion and they (being their fist CL) are having a problem taking my CL apart.  Does anyone have any advice on this or a suggestion as to who might be able to help?

THANKS

Dan, 

On the basis of LP's self-confessed inexperience regarding the CL camera, I suggest you look elsewhere. 

Search current threads in the Q forum for a similar story of camera dismantling.

FYI, I did call Leica NJ (had to pay for some M 6 bit coding anyway) and asked about it.  The technician was very polite, but told me that he did not know what he was free to tell me.  He is going to contact Leica HQ and will get back to me.  Will let you know what I hear. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can understand that, but it is also a bit frustrating as a huge Leica consumer for the past 30+ years.  I just want to use my Leica Eq to capture high quality IR images.  Yes, I could (to some degree) use a M8, but I had hope to do better (a filter that would capture more IR) than that.

I debated as to which filter to get.  Although I mainly want to reproduce what I used to do with large format IR film, I went with what LifePixel call SuperColor (590nm).  It captures a lot more light (do not loose any f stops), but requires a lot more post processing to get the BW IR look.  They of course had the 830nm option (what they call deep BW IR), but I decided (for good or bad) to try the SuperColor.  Will start to test it soon.  

By the way, LP tell me that they do see a hot spot with my TL 35mm lens; "A mild hotspot that looked worse in color verses black and white".

I believe that people who did a 830nm conversion, verses the conversion filter that I had them do, do not have a hot spot with this same lens?

Will do a bunch of testing when I get it.

19 hours ago, Danno_photoguy said:

By the way, LP tell me that they do see a hot spot with my TL 35mm lens; "A mild hotspot that looked worse in color verses black and white".

I believe that people who did a 830nm conversion, verses the conversion filter that I had them do, do not have a hot spot with this same lens?

Will do a bunch of testing when I get it.

To be honest the shot I posted for you was with my 35 Lux TL and I had no issues at all, with any of the lenses I have. Must be the filter density, mine is 830 so might not show, cannot see it being an issue with the lens at all.