New CL Firmware

Just updated both my SL and CL. When the update is complete on the SL and the camera is restarted it asks you if you want to reload the user profiles. The CL doesn't ask you, so when updating don't forget to go to user profiles and import profiles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Hope it is not an April Fool's joke.  Or a wonderful, fantastic dream, like the entry this morning over at The Online Photographer.

No it is not 😃  I updated my two CL right now.

Wonder when I 'll use the possibility to mount a Sigma or ? lens.

Good pictures. Thanks to Johntobias

Good question.  I always put the new firmware into the root directory of my current card.  Let's see where the next shots appear.

On the CL -- Nope.  My current directory is C112 but the newest file appears at C1000001. In a new C100 folder.

I've installed multiple firmware upgrades during some beta tests, and each time, I had to create a new folder and start saving files in it.  The card has folders C100 through C112, all present, mostly empty, so I went to "reset numbering" in menu page 4, said yes, and now I have a folder C113 that the files go into.  The SL will probably do the same thing.  (Panasonic firmware?)

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

I was hoping two improvements for this firmware up date, or any future update:

1- the wandering focus area.

2- the continuity of numbering after each firmware update.

None of them has been addressed and I really don’t care about lens profiling. I can perfectly live and shoot without it.

Leica is not listening to consumers/owners and this is certainly not cool! 👎

Edited by Louis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A possible big problem with this firmware update -  I foolishly updated the firmware on my CL and have discovered a problem.  If you mount a manual focus "L-mount" lens such as the 7artisans 55mm f1.4 directly onto the CL the manual focus zoom can not be activated.  I've reset the camera a couple of times this afternoon but so far, no luck.  I've mounted up an M-mount lens on to the Leica M L adapter and then on to the CL and as always,  the focus zoom on the right wheel acts as it does in default allowing a couple of levels of focus zoom.

Any suggestions before I send the lens back will be greatly appreciated.

Update - it also seems to set the CL to "auto" in scene mode.  Too weird.  

. . . David 

Edited by burkey
Update
  • Thanks 1

Leica has never responded to the bizarre focus update lameness.  It has been noted at every update, so it must be a feature, i guess.  The complaint about manual focus zoom -- in't that what happens with all non-Leica manual lenses?  

edit: first sentence is garbled.  Should have said something like "file naming and folder creation on updates that totally disregards recent shots."  That's what I think is pretty lame on the L-mounts when updated.  The M's. by contrast, seem to remember where you were before the update, and just continue .  Well, almost, as there is a bug in the M10-D in this area.  I guess it's hard...

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Can someone confirm who has updated to CL firmware v2.2, does pressing the up arrow ^ button bring up magnification while using a completely manual lens while the camera is in manual focus mode?

I have the 7Artisan 55mm 1.4 and several Nikon lenses that I use with a non-electronic adapter that I use the up arrow ^ button to magnify for focus.

Very little on this subject on the internets.  Thanks in advance for your service and contributions by installing v2.2 before I do.

56 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

The complaint about manual focus zoom -- in't that what happens with all non-Leica manual lenses?  

Fortunately not. Manual focus zoom works with all my non-Leica M and LTM lenses together with the Leica adapter. I would not have bought the CL otherwise. 

12 minutes ago, lct said:

Fortunately not. Manual focus zoom works with all my non-Leica M and LTM lenses together with the Leica adapter. I would not have bought the CL otherwise. 

Even if you press the up arrow?  

On v2.1 using a manual focus lens with a non-Leica Nikon adapter, I get zoom by pressing up arrow ^.  

Did this disappear with v2.2?  

Thanks. 

Never used those arrows sorry. I mean getting zoom by turning the right top dial. Works fine with all my non-Leica M lenses on the Leica adapter. I suspect Burkey's problem comes from the fact that his L-mount 7art lens has no 6-bit coding but it's just a guess.