Seattle Street Photography Project

Sailronin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

"Sax Player"

"Seattle's Original Neighborhood"

"Seattle's Oldest Saloon" Pioneer Square

All photos shot with Leica MP on Ilford FP4+ stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes at 68F

• Like 4

"4 hour minimum stay"

Leica MP on Ilford FP4+ developed in HC 110 B

"Shooting up"

Union station tracks, Seattle

Leica MP on Ilford FP4+ stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes at 68 F

• Like 3

"Photographer working"

"2nd Ave tent city"

Leica MP on Ilford FP4+ stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes at 68 F

"Feeding the pigeons"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sailronin said:

All photos shot with Leica MP on Ilford FP4+ stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes at 68F

I didn't realize you could get such results with stand development.  Thanks for posting.  

12 hours ago, RayD28 said:

I didn't realize you could get such results with stand development.  Thanks for posting.  

I've been experimenting with stand developing for very high contrast scenes. Using Ilford FP4+ in Rodinal 1:100 at 68 F I presoak the film for two minutes then pour in the developer and invert the tank three times; at the 30 minute mark, invert twice and then pour out at 60 minutes. Normal stop, fixer and rinse.  "Seattle's Oldest Saloon" and the "Union Station Tracks" were extremely contrasty scenes, probably 12 stops from shadow to highlights shot as tests. I really hadn't expected them to preserve as much detail in the shadows in the bar or the highlights on the metal roof at the tracks.  Even the "2nd Ave Tent City" from the light tent trim in the foreground to the deep shadow was 10 stops and held very well.  I'm starting to use the Rodinal stand development for everything except rolls shot on overcast (flat) days.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sailronin said:

I've been experimenting with stand developing for very high contrast scenes. Using Ilford FP4+ in Rodinal 1:100 at 68 F I presoak the film for two minutes then pour in the developer and invert the tank three times; at the 30 minute mark, invert twice and then pour out at 60 minutes. Normal stop, fixer and rinse.  "Seattle's Oldest Saloon" and the "Union Station Tracks" were extremely contrasty scenes, probably 12 stops from shadow to highlights shot as tests. I really hadn't expected them to preserve as much detail in the shadows in the bar or the highlights on the metal roof at the tracks.  Even the "2nd Ave Tent City" from the light tent trim in the foreground to the deep shadow was 10 stops and held very well.  I'm starting to use the Rodinal stand development for everything except rolls shot on overcast (flat) days.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Boy does this bring back memories...!

• Like 2