M10 or M10-P

vor 4 Stunden schrieb evikne:

If I should have bought a new camera today, it would definitely have been an M10-D! I think the integrated fold-out thumb rest is beautiful. Together with the quiet shutter from the M10-P this is a winner combination for me. But a camera without a screen is of course not for everyone.

I tested it two days ago too, but not being able to set my lens profiles or even formatting the card without my phone, makes this whole screen less design kind of pointless for me. If I buy such a camera I want to go as minimal as possible, but in the end have more hassle, cause I can directly operate stuff one simply has to in the digital age. But the M10-D thumb rest is awesome and the camera is really beautiful, no doubt.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Paulus:

1.Düsseldorf, Leisterschneider. Arkadenstraße .€ 5900,-  just ask...send me a p.m if you are interested, I'll give you the name of the seller. 

2. ' Some of my street shots I am doing lately are not while I stand, but while I pass people closely.' I do this too. I was once almost molested in Venice, because a man my saw me making photos , candid. of him. He did not hear my shutter, he saw the camera pointing, that was enough. Since then, I realize, it's more easy to do it, " In the face" I still am astonished by the fact what people tolerate, when you smile to them afterwards. 

A new one? Are you sure it´s not a store demo model?

To 2. yes absolutely or smiling before can break the ice and loosen them up.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb SMAL:

A new one? Are you sure it´s not a store demo model?

To 2. yes absolutely or smiling before can break the ice and loosen them up.

New. no demo. December 2018 i got this offer. Now I'm the happy owner of a " cheap" straight out of factory camera. Sent me a pm for more info if you want. 

https://www.foto-leistenschneider.de/foto/de/wir/filialen/duesseldorf/

But please try your own dealer. Dealers are willing to give you a fair discount , when you frequent their shop. Maybe it helped, that I bought an MP and a lens in the past there? 

Edited by Paulus
vor einer Stunde schrieb Paulus:

New. no demo. December 2018 i got this offer. Now I'm the happy owner of a " cheap" straight out of factory camera. Sent me a pm for more info if you want. 

https://www.foto-leistenschneider.de/foto/de/wir/filialen/duesseldorf/

But please try your own dealer. Dealers are willing to give you a fair discount , when you frequent their shop. Maybe it helped, that I bought an MP and a lens in the past there? 

Trust me I tried and no one was willing to give me 12,5%. The max was around 7%, which I thought was a decent deal. 

SMAL,  I owned both the M10 and M10-P.   I found the more quiet shutter of the M10-P to be a benefit for both reality photography on the streets, churches, social engagements, etc..  It all depends of your genre of photography and if the M10-P features are worth it to you.  For me and what I do with my types of photography, I found it really helps people feel less threatened, more relaxed and in many cases they don't even hear the shutter.  Most important, the camera is merely a tool that helps create and capture that moment in time through ones thought provoking images.  r/ Mark

Edited by LeicaR10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SMAL, I traded in my M10 for the M10-P the week it came out.  While at first the M10-P sounded so much more quiet, I don't think the difference is that great now.  Sometimes I think the shutter is less quiet now than it was six months ago when the camera was new, perhaps I just got used to it.  I once tested the M10-P loudness in a church, I placed my daughter 8 meters from the camera and she could consistently hear the shutter every time.

I hardly use the back screen so touchscreen is meaningless to me.  As for the level, while nice and desirable, I found it to be a little inaccurate as I can tilt the camera a little and the level still shows green but the horizon on some photos aren't always perfectly horizontal.

I got the M10-P because I prefer the top engraving over the red dot!

Technical features have never been the sole reason for owning a Leica. Just one thought: if you go for a plain vanilla M10 (which looks great in its own right), think about a used or open box offer. New ones have a steep depreciation now that the P is out (and whatever else may come or way).

On 3/30/2019 at 8:22 PM, Jeff S said:

The ear of the beholder...

Other examples differ somewhat based on testing and recording conditions.

Jeff

I have a plain old M262, and the shutter sounds very much like that of the M10-P

7 minutes ago, PasMichiel said:

Well, I like the touch screen (some hate, but...)

The main is the sound... But in LV I like the the level witch is not in the M10. Only in M10-P

I think it will be handy with the EVF (I don't have) and looking down... ( Picture Thorsten Overgaard M240 ).