Interval Shooting

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Interval Shooting mode of the Q2 seems to be quite strange. The manual says:

Zitat

The camera may under some circumstances be unable to take good pictures. That may happen if, for example, focusing was unsuccessful. In that case, the camera will not take a picture and the series will continue with the next interval. The message Some frames were dropped appears on screen.

I mean, it all starts with "unable to take good pictures". How does the camera decide what picture is good?

Seems like "out of focus" is not good. But, what if I want to take a series of out of focus pictures?

Yesterday I tried to use this function for some basic astrophotography (as much as it is possible at the Q2: ISO 6400, 4 sec, f/1.7, 10 frames using interval shooting). But the camera only took the first photo of an interval, displaying "Some frames were dropped" afterwards.

I mean, of course, I have set the lens to "MF" mode, focusing on a star (which is actually pretty OK with the 6x magnifier). How can the camera then decide that the photo is "out of focus" and "not good"?? WTF.

Any way to turn this nonsense off?

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2019 at 1:22 PM, 4peterse said:

The Interval Shooting mode of the Q2 seems to be quite strange. The manual says:

I mean, it all starts with "unable to take good pictures". How does the camera decide what picture is good?

Seems like "out of focus" is not good. But, what if I want to take a series of out of focus pictures?

Yesterday I tried to use this function for some basic astrophotography (as much as it is possible at the Q2: ISO 6400, 4 sec, f/1.7, 10 frames using interval shooting). But the camera only took the first photo of an interval, displaying "Some frames were dropped" afterwards.

I mean, of course, I have set the lens to "MF" mode, focusing on a star (which is actually pretty OK with the 6x magnifier). How can the camera then decide that the photo is "out of focus" and "not good"?? WTF.

You most likely misinterpret the manual. The camera "unable to obtain focus" can only apply to an Autofocus situation and it is clearly just an example of focus hunting during the shot. The post above this one is a more likely explanation of your problem.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, 4peterse said:

It wont, of course as you have told the camera that it is in focus by manually focussing...