APO-Vario-Elmar-T 55-135mm {merged}

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought maybe it’s only 5% ie import duty rather than VAT as it’s over the duty free allowance - but UK Gov website states:

Andorra isn’t a member of the European Union and duty free tobacco, liquor and luxury goods are subject to taxes and duties on re-entering European Union countries”

I’m not entirely clear what this means for goods you pay duty on in Andorra (ie not duty free) but I suspect it could be VAT + duty! I bought a lens from Japan and it was 5% duty + 20% VAT

😟

44 minutes ago, NigelG said:

Andorra is outside the EU tax area AFAIK - won’t you be liable for VAT on import to Spain?

I think if they shipped to UK then Fedex/DHL etc would bill for 20% before releasing the goods 🙄

* Currently investigating. 

People go to Andorra and purchase VAT free items all the time. But they are there physically, and if they don't bring a truck load of goods, they usually leave you alone at the border. The last time I was there I had no problems with customs officials. 

This, however, is different since it was shipped. 

I think you got lucky with the VAT (but there could be some agreement between Andorra and Spain that I do not know about).

Here in Norway I have gotten a tax bill weeks after receiving a package, but that is probably not the case here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:34 AM, nicci78 said:

It is quite fast. 

Slowest TL lens : APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm

Fastest TL lens : Elmarit-TL 18mm 

others TL lenses fall in between 😜

Every TL lenses are much faster with CL than with TL2. And of course way faster than T/TL

the 55-155 is a terrific lens, but I find it searches for focus a lot. I actually made a profile for manual focusing with that lens.

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to APO-Vario-Elmar-T 55-135mm {merged}