APO-Vario-Elmar-T 55-135mm {merged}

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided I'm not ready to handhold without some form of stabilisation at this fl/fov so the wex model is still available.

Wex are ok, I have bought and sold with them.

Will wait for Sigma or Panasonic to come up with an L mount of equivalent range with stabilisation.

I may be missing out, the 11-23 and 18-56 which I have are superb but I know my tremor.

20 minutes ago, huwm said:

I've decided I'm not ready to handhold without some form of stabilisation at this fl/fov so the wex model is still available.

Wex are ok, I have bought and sold with them.

Will wait for Sigma or Panasonic to come up with an L mount of equivalent range with stabilisation.

I may be missing out, the 11-23 and 18-56 which I have are superb but I know my tremor.

For about the same price, but almost literally twice the weight, there's the upcoming Panasonic S 70-200mm f/4 which has optical stabilisation.

I got my 11-23 from Orms in South Africa, a very reliable dealer.  They have the 55-135 with tax-exclusive export: https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/leica-vario-elmar-t-55-135mm-lens

Otherwise, in stock here also (not sure if they ship internationally): https://www.leicauae.com/shop/leica-apo-vario-elmar-t-55-135mm-f3-5-4-5-asph/

• 3 weeks later...

it seems still problematic to get that lens, But, for those who are traveling to Europe: currently there are at least two new 55-135 at the shops at Frankfurt Airport (terminal 1, A and B).

Best

Philipp

• Like 1

So. I found one. New. And on sale. Won't say where, otherwise one of you will buy from under my nose.  : P

But my question is this : 

If anything goes wrong with the lens (and it's an original new leica lens), I don't necessarily have to go through the store guarantee, correct? I would deal with Leica directly. 

I ask because it's origin is not in the country in which I reside, so dealing with the retailer is not desirable. Unless I have to send it to Leica, which is acceptable. I'd rather deal with Leica reps in the US. 

Maybe I'm asking because I feel a bit hesitant purchasing a lens from a store I know nothing about, although people online have said they haven't had problems. . .

Any opinions? 

I had my 11-23 go bad on me and Leica service was very responsive. It took a while to get the lens back because it had to be sent to Germany. They repaired and kept their promise of when it would be fixed. No Complaints.

Well, I ordered the lens. When I receive it I will post a link to the store where I made the purchase. Apparently they have more than one - in case anybody here wants one.

The only problem is that you cannot order it outside the European Union. 

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Well, I ordered the lens. When I receive it I will post a link to the store where I made the purchase. Apparently they have more than one - in case anybody here wants one.

The only problem is that you cannot order it outside the European Union. 

I'm [im]patiently waiting! :lol:

• jaapv changed the title to APO-Vario-Elmar-T 55-135mm {merged}