1/2 case options for the Q2

I've just taken deliver of a black stealthcover by Tekiac.  Not necessarily to everyone's aesthetic taste, but I'm an architect and I am absolutely delighted with it and with the service and friendliness of their team. 

Edited by jaapv
link removed
  • Like 1

Ordered my Black LIM half case on Tuesday received it today (Thursday).  I’m very impressed with the design, ergonomics, quality and construction.  I like the fact that I can access the battery and SD Card without taking it off and can also attach to tripod with the case on.  I will cancel my order for the Leica half case.  Unfortunately I do not have my Q2 to put in it yet.  I ordered the Q2 from BH Photo on April 10th so I guess I’ll have to wait a few more months.  I bought an M9, 28mm Summicron, 35mm Summicron, 90mm Summicron APO and a 50mm Summilux 1.4 shortly after the M9 came out.  I kept it for 2 years and sold it.  I’ve missed the Leica shooting experience and am excited about coming back to Leica.  The Q2 seems like it was made for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 2:32 AM, ESS said:

I've just taken deliver of a black stealthcover by Tekiac.  Not necessarily to everyone's aesthetic taste, but I'm an architect and I am absolutely delighted with it and with the service and friendliness of their team. 

Hi @ESS Thinking of ordering this one as well, care to share what kind of material they are using for the case? From his website and instagram...not really clear but it looks like a thin piece of plastic shell to me. Thanks!

1 hour ago, cumirebus said:

Hi @ESS Thinking of ordering this one as well, care to share what kind of material they are using for the case? From his website and instagram...not really clear but it looks like a thin piece of plastic shell to me. Thanks!

Yes, it is rigid plastic, created on a 3d printer.  It may be exactly to your taste, or maybe not. 

https://leicarumors.com/2017/11/07/tekiac-3d-printed-stealth-cover-for-leica-q-cameras.aspx/

49 minutes ago, Colourise said:

Hi

Could the owners of the Art De Mano and/or Lim cases advise me, please, as to whether these cases add much to the overall height of the Q2?

thanks

The art case adds about a 1/4", to me, not noticeable.  The lim add a bit more, and I sent mine back.  The Lim case, was very hard to get the card out because it was deeper, the Art case still not easy but I could.  the art case maybe be more expensive but much better quality IMO.

1 hour ago, iQ2 said:

Only positives about the Arte de mano case. Extremely well made. I got the Aventino grip and it truly is wonderful. Very confident when holding the camera. 

Did you have the standard grip on your first Q case?  If so, does the Aventino grip provide a much more secure grip on the camera?  Thanks

1 hour ago, lpeeples said:

The art case adds about a 1/4", to me, not noticeable.  The lim add a bit more, and I sent mine back.  The Lim case, was very hard to get the card out because it was deeper, the Art case still not easy but I could.  the art case maybe be more expensive but much better quality IMO.

Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, beauport said:

Did you have the standard grip on your first Q case?  If so, does the Aventino grip provide a much more secure grip on the camera?  Thanks

I did on my Q and yes a much more secure grip IMHO. My Q2 ADM case is ordered and being made. Same Aventino grip. After using one for three years, I had no desire to change. 

On 6/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, iQ2 said:

I did on my Q and yes a much more secure grip IMHO. My Q2 ADM case is ordered and being made. Same Aventino grip. After using one for three years, I had no desire to change. 

I ordered my first ADM case for the Q2 on eBay about 6 weeks ago but still haven't been sent an invoice for the additional options and they haven't responded to numerous messages through eBays portal. What has your experience been with them? 

Totally different. Sejun has been very responsive. He even noticed that they charged me twice for shipping because I ordered a case and a strap. He immediately refunded one of the charges. I ordered directly through their website. No problems. 

I recommend you send Sejun a message:

sejun99@naver.com

Good luck.