1/2 case options for the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve always bought Arte De Mano 1/2 cases for my M and previous Q bodies. This time around I got a really nice Leica 1/2 case for my M10 so was wondering what all you lucky Q2 owners have put on your new Q2 bodies. 

Acording to the Arte De Mano website they are Pre Ordering them. The Manager at Leica Malaysia store says he has half cases coming with the Q2 body’s so interesting to see what they look like as I’m assuming they will be Leica brand. 

Neil

20 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

No case so far... 

wakting on an option that allows batt/ SD access.  

Yes it looks like the only option for that is via Arte De Mano but even they don't have it yet

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

Saw this... ordering mine.

Expensive... but worth it I think.

Ordered :)

Such nice options... I went for the Achab black leather, full access to SD and battery, no back. $499.00 (free shipping).

14 minutes ago, sturkel said:

Does anyone know if the Q case will fit the Q2 minus the battery/and card access? I am considering getting the original Q case.    

My understanding is it won’t fit properly. They are now taking orders for the Q2 case  I’ve been told I should have it in about 4 weeks time  

neil

13 minutes ago, NW67 said:

My understanding is it won’t fit properly. They are now taking orders for the Q2 case  I’ve been told I should have it in about 4 weeks time  

neil

Neil... 

Which style, leather type, color did you get??

2 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

Neil... 

Which style, leather type, color did you get??

Rally Red plus a matching string strap

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

11 hours ago, sturkel said:

Does anyone know if the Q case will fit the Q2 minus the battery/and card access? I am considering getting the original Q case.    

It does. I've been using the leica case from my old Q until the ones for the Q2 are available. It's just annoying to have to unscrew it everytime you want to remove the sd card or battery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RMT52 said:

499 for a case is pretty steep. the price for the leica brand ones is way more reasonable. are the adm ones really worth more than twice as much? 

I would never buy a case that did not allow access to the SD/battery. I can't imagine why anyone would want to take the case off to access the SD. I take out my SD almost daily to import pics.

The Leica case for the old Q allowed access, not sure if the new case will.

Of course the ADM isn't worth it... but paying 5K for a camera is insane too. :)

The ADM site is really cool... you can fully customize leather type, color.

Edited by Donzo98

3 hours ago, RMT52 said:

499 for a case is pretty steep. the price for the leica brand ones is way more reasonable. are the adm ones really worth more than twice as much? 

Yup 

is a Q2 really worth 5k........I guess

So I was able to get a new Q case for $165 and as for as the SD card with 128 cards not an issue.  Same goes for battery life.  I always worry about bumps and nicks while traveling with a camera. See how it fits on the Q2, but I hear it not a problem.

I'll post my results.

My case and strap are reasonable compared to the W2 price. The ADM cases slip on and off without having to screw something on or off....... simple and elegant like me. 

Neil

3 hours ago, sturkel said:

So I was able to get a new Q case for $165 and as for as the SD card with 128 cards not an issue.  Same goes for battery life.  I always worry about bumps and nicks while traveling with a camera. See how it fits on the Q2, but I hear it not a problem.

I'll post my results.

What kind of case did you get?? A new Q case for 165 seems like a great deal...

The size of the SD card has nothing to do with it in my situation... I literally shoot a few pics at a time, then import and edit.

For some it's no big deal to have access... I guess you are one of thiose people.

Looking forward to seeing your case choice...