I Love My M10! {merged}

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, lincoln_m said:

While we’re on the subject of M body materials were any of the M titanium models actually made of titanium (and so lighter than 580g) or were they just brass covered in a titanium coloured anodising or paint? Titanium watches and bracelets are much lighter than their steel equivalent so I’m wondering if the same applies to titanium Ms?

this M-P Ti

this M240 Ti

/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png">

This site lists them all

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

with the Summaron 28mm: Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Leica M10 with Summaron 28mm by Dirk R., auf Flickr

I love my M10/ I looked and I don't understand why there isn't already a thread for this? Or are we only allowed to love our film Ms, which I do too? Leica M10 Black Chrome with Silver Anodised 35mmSummiluxAsphFLE. Yes controversial I know, but no Leica's have any orange paint anymore (M7 discontinued was the last one) so why the orange paint on the black anodised lenses? So I went for Silver as it matches the silver bayonet that is quite visible on M10 and also the ft scale is red which ma

If it’s about M10 love here… first Summicron 5cm (collapsible) from 1954 on Leica M10-D. 65 years in between. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Am 25.3.2019 um 20:30 schrieb a.noctilux:

Smal, are you sure ?

I have motorcycle helmet made of carbon fiber ( like  this ), never knock it on the ground thought, I'm afraid.

The problem with Carbon Fiber is that it can only take impact in a certain direction. Your helmet will most likely be made with that in mind.

If you hit carbon fiber in the wrong direction it is extremely weak. 

The Leica M10 and Leica M lenses are addicting.

Here is my stable of Leica gear.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

12 hours ago, andyturk said:

I would love my M10-P more if it had the same wind lever (thumb rest) as the M10-D. I wonder if that can be retrofitted?

It seems unlikely  because the lever pivots upon what would be the power switch.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 12 Stunden schrieb andyturk:

I would love my M10-P more if it had the same wind lever (thumb rest) as the M10-D. I wonder if that can be retrofitted?

It looks like a superfluous gimmick but on the other hand it’s a profound solution of having an integrated thumb rest on the digital M. Laughed at it first, love it now.

Edited by RF’sDelight
56 minutes ago, RF’sDelight said:

It looks like a superfluous gimmick but on the other hand it’s a profound solution of having an integrated thumb rest on the digital M. Laughed at it first, love it now.

A lot of people seem to think the vestigial lever is silly. But as someone who carried an Epson R-D1 for a long time, my first response to the M10-D's lever was, "Yes! Finally, Leica finally understands!" I ended up buying the -P instead the -D because the screen is still useful.

Am 25.3.2019 um 03:44 schrieb muah:

good day, anyone had their M10 top plate engraved by Leica Wetzlar?

and if so, what was the cost for this customization?

i am thinking of having the cursive Leica word engraved on my top plate, akin to M10P.

I have asked for an estimate a few months ago on a M240 . A simple " Leica " like the classic will cost you about €184,87 ex VAT , but I do not know if this price is higher when you only do this. I had some work on my camera to do, so it was a price as part of a package. 

Am 24.3.2019 um 20:44 schrieb lincoln_m:

When I did a search yesterday for an "I Love My M10" to make sure there wasn't one already the forum search didn't find this thread because there is a space between the M and the 10 and also the default search looks for posts in the last 6 months. This thread has been dead for about 2 years for some reason. Maybe the new digital M users are not as affectionate as us original film users who have also a digital M??

Sorry for starting a new one again, in the "I Love My M10!"

The other Love M10 threads were not quite in the same "I Love My M#!" threads with photos of M cameras in various poses, there was more chat.

I don't know how threads are merged, but if they were the M 10 should be made M10 (no space) to help searchers.

Yes, I also noticed, that the search engine has its now way of thinking...I was searching for the site " I love my MP " but could not find it although I knew it existed since 2006...

The digital users also love their camera:

About this thread: give it some time, for " I love my MP " it started a few  years after I bought my first MP. This thread started almost the day the M10 arrived.

About M10 or M 10 , there are some alternative ways of writing this. Maybe we should ask Leica the right way we have to write it? 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb muah:

thank you. your information helps with my decision making. 

just curious what else did you customise.

I let them replace the top for a new one. I asked for some options like colored blue leather (€226 )and text. In the end I decided that I wanted the camera like new, just the way it was when I bought it and this gave me the best feeling. 

• jaapv changed the title to I Love My M10! {merged}
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...