This Anti-ISIS prayer rally has paid off!

A miller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

✌️❤️✌️

Park Avenue, NYC

IIIg, 28mm summaron, Portra 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by erl
Balance
  • Like 8

This is a good photograph.

Unfortunately, ISIS hasn’t gone away. The caliphate may be no more, but we haven’t heard the last of them. 

I think that you should also be thanking the Kurdish people and army, the Syrians, the Russians, the British, the French, the Danes, the Norwegians and all the other armed forces who have been dealing with this scourge. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, andybarton said:

This is a good photograph.

Unfortunately, ISIS hasn’t gone away. The caliphate may be no more, but we haven’t heard the last of them. 

I think that you should also be thanking the Kurdish people and army, the Syrians, the Russians, the British, the French, the Danes, the Norwegians and all the other armed forces who have been dealing with this scourge. 

Thank you Andy.

Of course, all of the forces that were part of the US-led campaign are to thank.  

We all know that the radicals still exist and will always exist.  But the fact that the caliphate no longer controls the lives of 8 million souls is something to celebrate.

No doubt that the people in my photo are certainly very happy at this moment.

But I am sure that they haven't stopped praying for peace in the world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A miller said:

Thank you Andy.

Of course, all of the forces that were part of the US-led campaign are to thank.  

We all know that the radicals still exist and will always exist.  But the fact that the caliphate no longer controls the lives of 8 million souls is something to celebrate.

No doubt that the people in my photo are certainly very happy at this moment.

But I am sure that they haven't stopped praying for peace in the world. 

Good reply. I think Andy may have missed the point.

• Like 3

Here's another vantage point from the women's section at the Bank of America plaza on Park Avenue 🇺🇸 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stuny said:

Both are topnotch PJ, and a fine thought.  Sadly not all gone, and too often nature abhors a vacuum, so a new caliphate may may soon arise.  And of course, the Kurdish contribution is huge.

Thanks, Stuart.    Totally agree about the significant Kurdish partnership.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb andybarton:

Do not forget,  America created isis (also with) through the destruction of a modern irak and the totally uncritical support of the Shiites afterwards.

Edited by greybear

Andy - Why are so being so surgical about your redactions of the political statements made on this thread?  

Why don't you start with redacting the "you should also thank...." statement that you made, which really instigated a lot of the discourse, which frankly I wasn't seeking and is yet another par for the course with you.  Can't you just be positive about something for once and stay positive and refrain from pontificating for the purpose of putting someone in their place???

And Greybear's comment ("Do not forget,  America created isis (also with) through the destruction of a modern irak and the totally uncritical support of the Shiites afterwards.) was a total troll (which I really don't mind and have nothing against him) yet you kept it?  It is a very anti-American statement.   And you left it on the thread???  

I would like you to redact your statement above and Greybears - and frankly anything having to do with other posts that have the potential of violating your sensibilities.

You are coming across as a bully moderator, Andy.  

Edited by A miller
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

While the title of the thread strikes me as a bit myopic, it's certainly not offensive, and the actual photos are so transcendentally universal and well-meaning that it is a shame that it has come down to this. Instead of getting into a fight about politics, perhaps a mod could have PMed the OP a request that the title of the thread be slightly modified to reflect the same magnificent universalism as the photos. Quiet diplomacy is sorely missing in this cowboy macho world of ours, but maybe not here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Just now, bags27 said:

While the title of the thread strikes me as a bit myopic, it's certainly not offensive, and the actual photos are so transcendentally universal and well-meaning that it is a shame that it has come down to this. Instead of getting into a fight about politics, perhaps a mod could have PMed the OP a request that the title of the thread be slightly modified to reflect the same magnificent universalism as the photos. Quiet diplomacy is sorely missing in this cowboy macho world of ours, but maybe not here.

I really appreciate that.  You are 100% correct - if a mod anticipated that my choice of words in the title could lead to unproductive political discourse he easily could have snipped the offensive words out of the title and (if he had time) sent a kind note explaining why he did so.

Instead, he doubled down...

So sad for the LUF.

• Thanks 1

My opinion (wearing my ordinary hat) is that the thread title is both incorrect and incomplete! Why?

Because there is no evidence that prayer works and US fire power ignores the other forces that were in fact involved.

"One picture is worth a thousand words". I don't know who said it first, but he/she was right!

The hundreds of words already in this thread do not add up to the message of Adam's two pictures. The images with the briefest of explanation would be far more powerful than the verbosity that has flourished as a consequence.

I recommend we put the thread title aside in our minds, along with the personal discussions, because we all know what the pictures are about. Allow them to stand on what they portray.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2