Leica S-Adapter H

Greg Haag

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thought I would share my experience so far with the Leica S-Adapter H in case it might help someone in similar circumstances.  First, I would rather not use adapters, but I am because I am so heavily invested in the Hasselblad HC lenses.  So far my experience has been great and to date it has been a seamless integration.  I do not have any of the HCD lenses, so I cannot speak to that, but have the following lenses; HC 35, HC 50, HC 80, HC 50-110, HC 100, HC 150, HC 210 (I have not tried it on this lens yet).  

Edited by Greg Haag
  • Like 4

HC 300mm works quite well (on S006), as well. You can add the 1.7x converter to the 300mm, giving ~500mm. But in this case you loose af and the lens remains wide open (or at a pre-set aperture if you prior to adding the converter, remove the lens with the preview button activated).

Edited by helged
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, helged said:

HC 300mm works quite well (on S006), as well. You can add the 1.7x converter to the 300mm, giving ~500mm. But in this case you loose af and the lens remains wide open (or at a pre-set aperture if you prior to adding the converter, remove the lens with the preview button activated).

Great to know, I have the 1.7x converter.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Photon42 said:

Is the behavior different to what Helge described?

I am sorry. In my experience with my camera, the S2P, it did not recognize the converter at all and I was unable to initiate the shutter. It was many years ago and I don’t have the adapter to test it now. I sold the converter and the 300mm years ago.

Yevgeny

• Like 1