Just orderd a q-p

5 minutes ago, activeuk said:

Hi thanks for the help i just orderd a q-p got a little off the price hope i have done the right thing for my first leica

Good for you. Enjoy. 😎

Ive got the Q2 on order. Had a Q-P for a day, sent it back when Q2 was announced. Long wait expected. Keep thinking of calling a Leica dealer to see if I can buy Q-P at a good discount. At the moment uk prices make waiting for Q2 a Sensible financial decision. If I could save £1000 on Q2 price I could be tempted...

1 hour ago, activeuk said:

Hi thanks for the help i just orderd a q-p got a little off the price hope i have done the right thing for my first leica

Congratulations, a beautiful camera, and Q2 is not better, only a bit different. Q-P has a better release/onoff button than the standard Q

I debated this exact same issue...

I love the look of the Q-P... but in the end I couldn't resist the Q2. I will have it in hand today.

I was going to buy a Q-P (LIKE NEW) for 3600 shipped.

I'm not sure what kind of deal you got... but I hope you will be happy.

Good Luck...

I almost ordered a Q-P as well until I heard the rumors of the imminent release of the Q2.  I saw the Q-P drop almost instantly to ~ US$4300 when the rumors started.  My thought was if the Q2 had come out priced at US$6,000+, I would have ordered the Q-P.  But with the better EVF and weatherproofing, not to mention the sensor, for essentially what the Q-P was priced at, I oped for the Q2.  It has shipped and I will have it next week.

One similar thought.  When Leica released the Q-P had they upgraded the EVF, added whatever weather proofing they could, and priced it at US$4200, I think they might have gotten a lot of takers from those that either didn't want to need the bigger sensor.  Might even be a camera they could have kept in there product time for some time.  Similar to Nikon with the Z6 and Z7.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, Trev said:

Good for you. Enjoy. 😎

Ive got the Q2 on order. Had a Q-P for a day, sent it back when Q2 was announced. Long wait expected. Keep thinking of calling a Leica dealer to see if I can buy Q-P at a good discount. At the moment uk prices make waiting for Q2 a Sensible financial decision. If I could save £1000 on Q2 price I could be tempted...

I noticed an as new mint used one here if you or anyone is interested

https://www.leicastoremanchester.com/leica-pre-owned/leica-q/?mode=grid&limit=12&sort=highest&max=3000&min=0&brand=0&filter[]=479684

Although I waited until the Q2 was announced and had one on pre-order; March 8th I proceeded to buy a Q-P at a decent price ($4,000 -eBay dealer). Probably could have waited a few months and gotten it cheaper but that's a pointless game when compared with the immediate positive effects of the purchase. I feel like my ability to work quickly and precisely moved forward significantly.  

While I'm intrigued by the technological superiority of the Q2 I bought the Q-P because:

1 - Any technology in its first year gives me pause - 

2 - The stealth look for shooting headshots where the dot can be distracting to my subject and for doing street work- people notice my other Leicas and frequently comment - usually favorably but, I'd prefer that my work not get distracted by talking cameras. Need one camera (besides my Canon 6D and Fuji X100s) w/o a red dot.

3 - Lack of the AF+ press lock 

4 - The shutter release and top layout fits my shooting style

5 - 'Pixel Deficit' has never hindered my work. I've shot some of my best work with a Digilux 2 or Digilux 3.

Eventually - I'm sure there will be a Q2 in my life - the Low light capability and 75mm faux zoom are especially exciting.

My guess is that you will love the results from the Q-P

Edited by Lemmy Caution
Readability
  • Like 2