Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone else have this problem?  I am running firmware 1.5 (the latest--although focus zoom wouldn't work on firmware ver. 1.4 either).  Focus peeking works a charm either when overriding auto focus with a TL lens, or when using manual focus with the M-Adapter T.  However, nothing I do will allow me to use focus zoom, either at 3X or 6X.

When using the M-Adapter T, the left setting dial defaults to "MF," not to "Focus Aid" as the Manual states it should (p. 157).  Spinning it does nothing.

Focus zoom worked on my old T, but I cannot get it to work on the TL2.  

I do apologize if this has been covered before.  But can anyone please help me?

Brent

Edited by bcorton
information added

Thanks.  I have been using Aperture Priority.  However, when I move the left dial and touch the rectangle that corresponds to the wheel, I get these six options: ISO, Exposure Compensation, White Balance, Focus Mode (default at MF), Self Timer and User Profile.  Focus Aid is not displayed.  Only the above six choices.  

This is working with the M-Adapter T and an M lens. 

With a TL lens mounted, everything is the same (same six choices), except only that MF allows a selection.  

Any ideas?

Edited by bcorton
information added

Yes. The solution is to go into one of the tiles, I forget which one, but hunt around. It lets you set focus aid. I had to phone Leica Mayfair and was lucky to speak with their educational guru for the answer . It lets you use focus aid by turning the right wheel once you get the setting. I know have a Leica CL myself.

Hi Rick.  Yes, I saw this thread earlier, and tried going into the dial settings, but couldn't get them to stick.  I just tried it again however, and it worked.  'Simply must be your karma; mine wasn't working.  

By the way, it's only working with the M-adapter T.  I couldn't get the focus aid to even show up n the dial settings menu with a TL lens mounted.  I'll keep trying though.  Maybe it's intermittent--or maybe my brain is.

Thanks,

Brent