smartbot

Preordered a Q2, but decided to go with an M10 instead!

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just wanted to share my upgrade story...

I had the original Q and I loved it.  It was truly a remarkable camera.  But when the Q2 was announced I was on the fence (even though I put my name on a couple lists).  I wasn't sure if it was a big enough leap forward or if the extra megapixels were worth the extra price.  But when I started looking around I was shocked to discover that you can buy an M10 for nearly the same price as a Q2!  I saw several used M10s priced well below $5k.  And eventually found a brand new M10 (full warranty) for only $5,800!

For me it was a no brainer.  Similar image quality to the Q, but with the option to use interchangeable lenses.  The build quality is also next level (solid brass, leather grip, etc.).  I also love all the manual controls that are built into the camera (even ISO has it's own dedicated physical button).  I haven't saved up enough for a Leica lens, but the Voigtlander is pretty close and has some impressive results.  The loss of auto-focus is the biggest adjustment for me, but with focus peaking on the M10 it makes the transition a little bit easier.

An M10 was not at all what I was considering when I thought about upgrading to the new Q2.  But now that I have it in my hands and have used it for a while, I am extremely impressed.  My advise is if anyone is considering upgrading you may want to consider the M10 as well.

Edited by smartbot

As ricky says...is true.

Different photo machine. And you'll have to buy lenses...so can get expensive...and tedious.

But run with it...and have a lot of fun. ☺️

I'll pay you for your place in line! :))

As a M10 user and a Q2 (since yesterday) i can just say congratulations to this decision !!!

The M10 is the masterpiece!

Love the look of the curved glass of that Nokton :) 

I did sell my M10, but every time I see one it sparks that desire again.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Same here, been there done that with the M10 and M10-P.  Beautiful cameras, but the Q (and now Q2) is the best digital Leica in my opinion.

I have not had the Q, but have the Q2 on order and I have sold a couple of M bodies to finance it. I am keeping the M10P though