TL 60 2.8. Image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, Petercoll said:

Excepting my insolence, but it says somewhere this is the 60 TL image thread.....

Yes, insolence excepted!  Another poster had digressed in the thread and I was merely responding to his comments. Regards, Rob

• Like 2

And Rob, if it hadn't been for you, this thread wouldn't exist. I'm really interested in both the 60 macro and possible alternatives for the CL.  Actually, I'd like if someone posted comparisons with the R mount 60 and 90 macros, which are a somewhat less expensive on ebay, but of course without autofocus. For now, I intend to use both the 18-56 and the 55-135 with a single Marumi +5 Achromatic. I've been using 2 of them (alas, much smaller) on the Q with very good results. They are especially great for traveling without bringing a dedicated lens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Ken and Louis. I'm okay with PeterColl's comment; his is point is well-taken.  

I had owned the R60 at one point, and it is a very fine alternative option to the TL 60. And, yes, reasonably priced; I had found mine for $500 USD.  Leica Miami sometimes comes across them, so you might speak with Josh about keeping an eye open for you.  Here's one shot that I could find with the R60 on the SL.  It's a lens that I am sorry I sold, but, I had to make room "in my basement" for some new lenses. :) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ropo54 said:

Thank you, Ken and Louis. I'm okay with PeterColl's comment; his is point is well-taken.  

I had owned the R60 at one point, and it is a very fine alternative option to the TL 60. And, yes, reasonably priced; I had found mine for $500 USD.  Leica Miami sometimes comes across them, so you might speak with Josh about keeping an eye open for you.  Here's one shot that I could find with the R60 on the SL.  It's a lens that I am sorry I sold, but, I had to make room "in my basement" for some new lenses. :) 

I loved that shot when you posted it. Like you, I’ve lapped up buying TL lenses and oh so tempted on the 60mm 2.8, because the non macro can be used for landscapes which I like mostly .I bought my CL as a ‘bundle’ whereby they throw in the 18mm here for UK£250 extra . I love the 18 mm performance, but if denied the special deal I was going to acquire a pre owned 60 2.8 !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petercoll said:

I loved that shot when you posted it. Like you, I’ve lapped up buying TL lenses and oh so tempted on the 60mm 2.8, because the non macro can be used for landscapes which I like mostly .I bought my CL as a ‘bundle’ whereby they throw in the 18mm here for UK£250 extra . I love the 18 mm performance, but if denied the special deal I was going to acquire a pre owned 60 2.8 !

PeterColl: Great for portraits, too.  It had some hunting focus issues initially, but that's been corrected on the CL.  (This shot was taken on the SL).  

Rob

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 hours ago, ropo54 said:

PeterColl: Great for portraits, too.  It had some hunting focus issues initially, but that's been corrected on the CL.  (This shot was taken on the SL).  

Rob

I notice it has the very powerful image separation qualities of expensive M lenses. If I buy one, my supplier Stephens of Manchester have two in stock pre owned, and I would part exchange my 18-56mm Elmarit, as I already have 18mm, 23mm, 35mm, so the 60mm macro would round off a unique set . This weeks Amateur Photograher Periodical says whilst ultra wide lenses are the most popular choice for landscapes, lenses such as the 60 mm can compress details of landscapes rendering great images . 

• Like 1

TL2 / 60 macro: Spring

• Like 5

CL w 60 2.8 . . .  photo of TL 18mm on the SL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...