TL 60 2.8. Image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After seeing this great forum with everyone's superb shots, I was extremely curious about this lens. So, I rented it from the wonderful Miami Leica Store and Josh who has been very helpful. The followings are my very fast first tests (on CL) and I am frankly amazed by the sharpness, colors, bokeh and everything that this lens produce. ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 12

Sadly, I am returning this awesome lens today. But before, a few more shots for those who maybe interested in 60mm TL. All with Leica CL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Josh is a very smart guy. He knows that even if you return the lens, the photos you post will inspire others to buy it. Personally, I'm shocked at how good it is. I've been thinking of getting the Voitlander 50mm f/1.2 as a portrait lens (=75 mm) for the CL, but then I'd still need something for macro (the R 60 or 100). But this is so wow! Thanks so much for these, Louis.

• Like 1

I already met Josh. A very helpful and good guy. In Miami store, there is also Kisten who really is a pleasure to deal with. This lens was a complete surprise to me for its color rendering and sharpness. The watch  above was shot through the window glass, but still so sharp!... But the only problem  with this glass is F/2.8!... For portraits, I am still using Nikkor 50 mm, f/1.4 AI; or Nikkor 85mm, f/1.8 that both are old but still superb. Soon, after a trip I have soon, I like very much to try 75mm SL. I heard it is also a very good lens.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

Yes, Josh sold me my (slightly used) CL, and he was very good.

I take your point about the speed of the macro. I guess that's why I've been drawn to the extraordinary new Voitla"nder. I have a manual Nikon 50 f/1.8 but haven't used it enough with the CL to form an opinion. The 75mm SL is supposed to be incredible (as are all SL primes and zooms), but much heavier and more expensive. I believe Rob shoots with these sometimes on his CL and TL.

• Like 1

Rob does his daly gym exercises with his lenses and cameras! ;) He got them all! :D

I bet he got a basement in his beautiful house only for his glasses and visitors buy tickets to visit this precious museum! lol 

Edited by Louis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 minutes ago, Louis said:

Rob does his daly gym exercises with his lenses and cameras! ;) He got them all! :D

I bet he got a basement in his beautiful house only for his glasses and visitors buy tickets to visit this precious museum! lol 

Rob offered to lend me some of his treasures to use with my CL, but I couldn't break away from relatives long enough. So, I think admission is free in his museum! 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johntobias said:

imho....the 35 1.4 and the cl are a match made in heaven.......I adore mine and have slimmed my outfit down to only 3 lenses...yes its that good.....and more!

I completely agree with you. A while ago, I also made some tests with 35 and loved it. Very sharp, great colors, beautiful bokeh and very fast with f/1.4. The perfect every day and street photography lens.

• Like 1

I really like the TL zooms (I now have both the medium and long), but I think all the TL primes, except the smallest, are really exceptional. For the L lenses, however, I think the zooms are very nearly as good as the fantastic primes and are modern masterpieces.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, Louis said:

Sadly, I am returning this awesome lens today. But before, a few more shots for those who maybe interested in 60mm TL. All with Leica CL.

Van Cleef and Arpels produces some amazing automaton watches that really are theater in miniature. Worth a look at the movements too!

TL2 + 60/2.8           Spring in Austria ...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cirke said:

and the only reason why Ill never buy it

Please Leica make a TL 60mm Sumicron or Summilux

If you're thinking about a 60 summilux macro, I don't know any macros with that large a lens. the depth of field for macro would be fiercely tiny. 

But if you hoping for a APO summilux 60mm TL portrait lens, +1000!!

Edited by bags27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it is big, but it sure works nicely! 

These were with the SL 50 1.4 and the CL.

1 hour ago, cirke said:

the SL 50 summilux on CL  !  even on SL it is too big 🙂 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ropo54 said:

Yes, it is big, but it sure works nicely! 

These were with the SL 50 1.4 and the CL.

Rob, thank you very much for posting these excellent shots that add much to the lens discussion, comparing 60 TL and 50 SL. 

• Like 3