Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ropo54

TL 60 2.8. Image thread

Recommended Posts

A new thread for those wishing to post photos taken with the TL 60 2.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TL 60 2.8 is superb, much like the performance of the TL 35 1.4. 

Hope others will post here as well; personally, I enjoy perusing individual lens thread so hope it will stay segregated.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ropo54 said:

The TL 60 2.8 is superb, much like the performance of the TL 35 1.4. 

Hope others will post here as well; personally, I enjoy perusing individual lens thread so hope it will stay segregated.

Rob

I got one even before I succumbed to the 35/1.4.  Its MTF curves (of course, starting at f/2.8) are almost as awesome as the 35/2.0 APO Summicron for the SL that is just starting to appear in the wild. The Solms/Wetzlar design team must have had a really good time on those two lenses.  I'll add a picture tonight when I get home.  

Of course, it is unfortunate that they must have subcontracted the wretched lens hoods to some country with less mechanical aptitude.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a good idea with an individual thread for 60 mm. 😀

I've been thinking a lot about the lens. I have Tl2 and TL35 which I am very happy about.

That's why I thought I'd buy Leica Q2 (28-50mm) 

Then I lack a good lens for portraits mm, that require more reach.

But I think 2.8 is too little. It is importen I can use the lens indoors without flash. So the quality on 2.8 is importen. 

Therefore, I have also thought of the new summichrom 75 mm and 90 mm ?

I know som also use Leica Sl/CL/TL What is your experience on Leica SL 75/90 on Leica CL/TL ? And 60 TL on f.2.8 ?

Edited by Kim Dahl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here are two TL APO 60/2.8 macro shots from last December.  Both taken at f/5.6:

C1090895 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1090907 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kim Dahl said:

But I think 2.8 is too little. It is importenI can use the lens indoors without flash.

Therefore, I have thought of the new summichrom 75 mm and 90 mm ?

I know som also use Leica Sl/CL/TL What is your experience on Leica SL 75/90 on Leica CL/TL ?

I'll often work at f/4.0 indoors to get the whole face in focus.  I'm not a fan of fuzzy ears and softened nose tips.  And the current generation of cameras are fine at ISO 3200 and 6400.  With the latest Summicrons, you do have to be a little careful in choice of background, because strong medium details come through smoothed and interpretable, but fine details like branches and spots of light are still fairly sharp and can be distracting ("nervous").  And the 1.5X field-of-view multiplier makes them pretty long.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kim Dahl said:

It is a good idea with an individual thread for 60 mm. 😀

I've been thinking a lot about the lens. I have Tl2 and TL35 which I am very happy about.

That's why I thought I'd buy Leica Q2 (28-50mm) 

Then I lack a good lens for portraits mm, that require more reach.

But I think 2.8 is too little. It is importen I can use the lens indoors without flash. So the quality on 2.8 is importen. 

Therefore, I have also thought of the new summichrom 75 mm and 90 mm ?

I know som also use Leica Sl/CL/TL What is your experience on Leica SL 75/90 on Leica CL/TL ? And 60 TL on f.2.8 ?

Kim,

I have used the SL 50 1.4 on my CL and I have been really pleased.  These were taken with the CL with the SL 50 1.4 lens.

Rob

Edited by ropo54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kim, 

These were taken with the CL with the TL 60 2.8 @ iso 6400, f3.2.  (Still, I'd probably feel more confident of success indoors with the 50 1.4 SL lens).

Rob

Edited by ropo54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

 I'm not a fan of fuzzy ears and softened nose tips. 

with an eq. 90mm at 1.4 and the subject at 3 meters you get 90cm in focus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Well, here are two TL APO 60/2.8 macro shots from last December.  Both taken at f/5.6:

C1090895 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1090907 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

These two images are so powerful, the first shows the canna buds unfurling, the next shows the umbellifers romping away , making a lovely herbaceous cluster . I never expected to see quality on this level. Incidentally I’m not a fan of one eye of a portraiture candidate razor sharp, the rest of the face a blur due to no stopping down for depth of field ...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...