thighslapper

S1R & S1 + Leica Lens Image Thread

vor 7 Stunden schrieb caissa:

Looks good. Did you ever use it with teleconverter (1401 or 2001) ?

sorry- i don´t have any experience with these TC...

Posted (edited)

Some images from yesterday ..... with Simon Baxter in the North York Moors for some Woodland Photography.

Rather bizarrely I ended up using the SL 75/2 for most of the day. Everything was a luminescent spring green in warm sunlight which made the images OOC look very over-saturated, even though that was in fact fairly close to reality. At this time of year the oak (and other)  bark actually does have a tinge of magenta. Processing to yield images that look 'real' is not easy in springtime....

Edited by thighslapper

Anyone tried the 16-35 SVE on the S1R? Curious about the corner performance on the higher resolution sensor.

vor einer Stunde schrieb thighslapper:

beautiful scene!
Is it the same location that Simon baxter visited in one of his YT vids?

33 minutes ago, verwackelt said:

beautiful scene!
Is it the same location that Simon baxter visited in one of his YT vids?

No idea :P

I have signed an NDA and the landscape photography mafia will break my legs and scratch my sensor if I say any more ......

4 hours ago, jplomley said:

Anyone tried the 16-35 SVE on the S1R? Curious about the corner performance on the higher resolution sensor.

There are some examples higher up in the thread. Some of us can take some sample photos for you. Are there specific wishes regarding distance and aperture? I am very satisfied, but I am not a brick-photographer-type-of-guy...

My use for the S1R would be mainly landscape, for which I have the 16-35 SVE and 75 SL APO Summicron. No worries whatsoever about the latter, just a bit concerned over corner performance of the 16-35 between 16 mm and 21 mm.  I shoot f/8 to f/11 for 99% of my landscape images with the 16-35 SVE. Everything from seascapes to forest interiors. Coming from the LF world and drum scanned transparency film, I'm fairly picky about edge-to-edge resolution, and have noticed some drop-off on the 16-35 between 16 mm and 21 mm on the SL. Just wondering if this will be exaserbated on the even higher resolution sensor.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb thighslapper:

No idea :P

I have signed an NDA and the landscape photography mafia will break my legs and scratch my sensor if I say any more ......

Ha ha, the Godfather Al Baxtone has broke the rule of omerta and posted pictures of the secret location on YT
So you do not have to be scared of being punished by getting concrete shoes and swimming lessons in the mersey 🙂

vor 2 Stunden schrieb BlackDoc:

16-35 at 16mm about 20 minutes ago

Armageddon in Lower Saxony...
Same thunderstorm is expected here in about 1-2 hours

I think i have to excuse posting so much pics in the last few days, but as i am not that kind of bricket photographer too it helps me more to see results of a new camera done "on the fly" , -> taken in a realistic surrounding and setting.
And btw  i have to thank @thighslapper for his very revealing photos.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb verwackelt:

Armageddon in Lower Saxony...
Same thunderstorm is expected here in about 1-2 hours

Not Armageddon but "tornoado like" in northern germany nearby Hannover.

Jørn