thighslapper

S1R & S1 + Leica Lens Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Young male Leopard at Zarafa Botswana. He was guarding an Impala kill and got slightly grumpy, we got a little too close for his liking.

Lumix S1R & Leica VE SL 90-280mm  @ 146mm

Best

Mike

3 hours ago, michali said:

Young male Leopard at Zarafa Botswana. He was guarding an Impala kill and got slightly grumpy, we got a little too close for his liking.

Lumix S1R & Leica VE SL 90-280mm  @ 146mm

Best

Mike

Beautiful picture at 145mm you must have been quite close

4 hours ago, grahamhoey said:

Beautiful picture at 145mm you must have been quite close

Thanks Graham much appreciated. Closer than I normally want to be -about 3m away- it's more to do with the animal's comfort zone.                                                                                We were in quite dense bush and trying to move out of his way....

S1R + MC-21 + Canon 500 f4.0 v.1

The Sanderling is one of the most common shorebirds in the State of Florida; however, surveys show that there has been a greater than 80% decline in numbers since the 1970s.  These little birds move so rapidly that is difficult to get a good shot of them, and especially so since the Sigma MC-21 does not support continuous autofocus for the Canon lens on the S1R.  A Canon body focuses infinitely better with this lens, and yet I keep plugging away with the S1R due to its superior image quality.

Posted (edited)

Selinda, Botswana. - Young male Lion with his pride at a buffalo kill.

Lumix S1R & Leica VE SL 90-280mm

Best,

Mike

Edited by michali

This is the first image I have processed with Capture 1.  I have been a Lightroom user for many years, and I am very proficient processing images in Lightroom, but I have read good things about C1, and with the current promotional discount, I decided to give it a try.  I have lots to learn, but so far I have managed to get through the basic features such as exposure, cropping, contrast, white balance, etc.

S1R + SL 24-90 this morning.

These fences are erected to catch windblown sand and create dunes.  Believe it or not, they actually work, as you can see in the background on the righthand side of the image.