Search function rubbish ...

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I read the "Name this car ..." thread, and then realised after I had moved on that I knew what Stu's mystery car was.  I typed "Name this car .."  in the search box, and got nothing.  I clicked the link "Name AND this AND car", I searched for "Name AND car" and got nothing, I typed in Name and got nothing and then car and got nothing.

I went to the various options "Topics" etc, and got nothing.

Something seriously wrong with the search engine, Andreas.

I had a blue notice at the top on my activity screen yesterday that said something like "Not complete list because indexing not finished" so I wonder whether the search engine is recovering from a deep indexing or it just needs a cuddle and its light switch flicked on again.

FYI, I get nothing either when I search on "name".

Pete.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

In the meantime, just Google "Leica name this car".  I find that often works better for searches here anyway.

Jeff

Or for greater precision enter these keywords into the search engine of your choice 'site:l-camera-forum.com "name this car" '  (without the single-quote (') characters)

Entering the words ‘Leica forum’ or ‘Leica user forum’ is easier to remember  (or saves a cut and paste) and will narrow the choices, but usually a broader Leica search will suffice, and will often also bring up other related or interesting stuff.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S