Price of used Q will skydive to sub US $2500

As I am interested in picking up a used Q, I been following the availability and price at Leica Store Miami.  One for 3800.  It has been listed for several weeks or more. Two for 2900 and one for 2700.  The ones under 3K were just listed in the last couple of days.  There will probably be more on the market as Q2s become available and people start to trade in for the Q2.  I wanted a Q when it first came out, but availability was so limited. Settled for a T & lens which I later sold. So looking forward to finally getting one.

Edited by Judy Babinski
removed empty quote box

10 minutes ago, Hazesus said:

This "$2500" for a used Leica Q1 will probably be in 2021  👍

If the Qs for sale at fredmiranda.com are any indication, I suspect you're right. There are about 6 newly listed in the last few days and they're all over $3K when you factor in PayPal and shipping, plus about 6 have sold in the last month or so and all have been over $3K.

Edited by wellfleet
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, wellfleet said:

If the Qs for sale at fredmiranda.com are any indication, I suspect you're right. There are about 6 newly listed in the last few days and they're all over $3K when you factor in PayPal and shipping, plus about 6 have sold in the last month or so and all have been over $3K.

Man now i feel like getting this guys SL Price: $3,250.00

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1587669

They are dropping very quickly.... no doubt.

There is a glut of Q1's on the market.

There might be a motivated seller to recoup some part of the cost of a Q2. 2500 isn't crazy.

Some in the low 3's come with lots of extras (batts, T-U, case etc) and make the deal deal very sweet.

31 minutes ago, Donzo98 said:

There is a glut of Q1's on the market.

Sorry but what exactly makes you think that there is a "glut of Q1" in the market? Just because a few websites have 3 or 4 Leica Q1 listed under $3k? That is a drop in the pond compared to the thousands of Leica Q1s sold so far. Talk about internet spreading hype. 🙄

Considering that the price of the new Q has not moved and that the Q2 does not offer much aside form higher megapixels and weather sealing (at the cost of increase in weight as well as price I must say) I dont see a reason why the price of the second hand Q1 should see a massive drop.

Considering that I have only taken about 2000 pics with my Q over the past 3 years I've owned it I dont have an intention to sell so it doesnt bother me much. The only time I will consider selling the Q is if it breaks or if Leica brings out a smaller and lighter Q version. Not exactly the kind of customer that Leica would prefer but who cares.

• Like 1

My guess is that the demand for Q2 upgrades is so high that a bunch of people (including me) are trying to sell their Leica Q1 fast to pay for it, but then I feel like after awhile, things should settle down, and maybe the prices will normalize a little higher than 2500? Not sure. Just guessing

1 hour ago, likealot said:

Sorry but what exactly makes you think that there is a "glut of Q1" in the market? Just because a few websites have 3 or 4 Leica Q1 listed under $3k? That is a drop in the pond compared to the thousands of Leica Q1s sold so far. Talk about internet spreading hype. 🙄

Considering that the price of the new Q has not moved and that the Q2 does not offer much aside form higher megapixels and weather sealing (at the cost of increase in weight as well as price I must say) I dont see a reason why the price of the second hand Q1 should see a massive drop.

Considering that I have only taken about 2000 pics with my Q over the past 3 years I've owned it I dont have an intention to sell so it doesnt bother me much. The only time I will consider selling the Q is if it breaks or if Leica brings out a smaller and lighter Q version. Not exactly the kind of customer that Leica would prefer but who cares.

FM and the FB Leica Classified Group are loaded with Q’s, that’s why I say that.

i have been in FM for a long time... and frequently buy and sell there.

Take it as truth... I can’t believe how many Q’s are listed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prk60091 said:

rob are you going to add the Q2 to your bag?

I'm debating that at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Q and it is such an easy companion to have when traveling. I'm confident the Q2 will be even more impressive. 

I'm not letting myself acquire anything new, however, unless and until I sell something. So, perhaps the Q2 or a new lens.   (The irrational side of my brain does not often discuss these things with the rational side, and vice versa).:)

Rob

• Thanks 1

Yep, and this is the reason to shoot the heck out of the Q as its depreciation from this level will flatten. The smart ones might pick up mint Q's at a nice bargain price. The upgrade to the Q2 can be done in 2020 when the first hype cooled off and dealers start to offer discounts. And maybe there is a Sony RX1r M3 in the works which might be an alternative for some?

Edited by Ecaton

Fantastic for all potential used Q buyers, and Leica for that matter, that the herd is stampeding after a mere 30% increase in linear resolution that 95% of users will never be able to see on their photographs... 🙃

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ropo54 said:

I'm debating that at the moment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Q and it is such an easy companion to have when traveling. I'm confident the Q2 will be even more impressive. 

I'm not letting myself acquire anything new, however, unless and until I sell something. So, perhaps the Q2 or a new lens.   (The irrational side of my brain does not often discuss these things with the rational side, and vice versa).:)

Rob

My 1st thought was not to get the q2 bit with all the hype my GAS is kicking in

• Like 1