techpan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carsten -

Yes, I live in The US now but I am originally from Japan. Moved in 2001. And yes, I am fluent in Japanese. Well, at least more so than in English as of today!

Kent -

Awesome!!! You nailed it right and "mood" is the word that I was looking for in addition to "flavor".

I wonder why "boke/ boke-aji" has become sort of internationally used word among the photographers. Is there not an equivalent word in English and other languages?

Anyways, I want a Noct f1 badly!

Cheers

As sort of a counter-example to all the fine Noctilux examples that have been posted on this thread, here's an example of the best boke I can manage with my Zeiss Biogon 25 f/2.8.

This was handheld at 1/8 with the lens wide open. Focus is on the red pot (not super-solid, but you get the idea). It's a nice mood, but a bit distracting. With a Nocti (or equivalent) that background would dissolve a bit more ... considerably more, I imagine. And getting just the right degree of "dissolve" would be a challenge and a heck of a lot of fun.

So there it is. I want one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well this is a Nocti f1 shot on film taken with a Hexar RF. Getting my M8 this week. Looking forward to feeling Leica again.

Share some with you. Taken with M8 (mine is the 1st version, not factory modified still), and the latest 50/1. Taken in the early morning, inside a small inn I stayed during a vocation at a small town, Pai, in northern Thailand. The early morning serenity is well captured by the Notilux, while the great detail of woven fabric curtain is perfectly kept even in dim light.

Here are two Noctilux portraits from work, yours truly, and a colleague.

Here is a shot showing how strange the Noctilux bokeh can get. Note the little rings around every single highlight in those wicker chairs.

Two shots showing the very narrow depth of field, a flower on a table, and a wet street.

All those Nocti shots are very impressive. Almost made me want to go out and buy one. Until I found for sale here in Japan for $6300! I'm afraid I'll have to pass, at least until I win the lottery.

In the meantime, here's a sample of some boke using a lowly CV Nokton 40/1.4. I realize it's not a Nocti, but it's all I can afford right now. :(

Bill

p247414074-4.jpg

Bill, the Noctilux can be found for a little more than €2000 on eBay.de if you are patient. I have seen it several times.

Here is a piece of heavy equipment at f/1, as well as a shot taken while walking! f/1 can be used for more than just dark places. Finally, my Dual-Range Summicron 50, and 75 Lux, next to Holger's Noctilux which I borrowed for a couple of weeks.

Bill, the Noctilux can be found for a little more than €2000 on eBay.de if you are patient. I have seen it several times.

Thanks for the info, but I'm afraid I'll still have to wait until the lottery money comes in. Next up for me is a trip back to Vermont to see if I can capture some of those pics that Sean is always posting! :)

Bill

Both exposures at ISO 2400, handheld at 1/11, f1. In both cases the light of a single candle.

ISO 640 f1 1/90