PDP

strange idea?CL plus Summaron?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

anyone with experience about CL plus the Summaron 28/5.6? I read many enthusiastic articles about this gem, but I am not sure if it can deliver the special look on the smaller sensor of the CL. I sold my M, no chance with my old eyes and their glasses. Alternative might be just an old, a real old lens, but they are often mit cloudiness (right word?). Thanks for any help!

Best

Philipp

There are others with the Summaron 28 on the CL, but I have the Summaron 35/2.8, which is another compact option. It looks good on the CL body. Mine is a clean version, with no haze, but it takes 'soft' (low contrast) images wide open - which I find attractive for the right subjects. The colour output is noticeably poorer compared to the Summilux-M 35 FLE, which I also have, so I keep the Summaron mainly for B&W.

Just try it. i would expect the character of the lens to shine through on the CL

15 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

There are others with the Summaron 28 on the CL, but I have the Summaron 35/2.8, which is another compact option. It looks good on the CL body. Mine is a clean version, with no haze, but it takes 'soft' (low contrast) images wide open - which I find attractive for the right subjects. The colour output is noticeably poorer compared to the Summilux-M 35 FLE, which I also have, so I keep the Summaron mainly for B&W.

+1. For contrasty and saturated results, my Biogon 35/2.8 beats my Summaron 35/2.8 hands down below f/8. It is sharper at edges and corners, flares less and has less CA. My Summaron is a goggled one for M3 though do i don't use it much anyway. 

I use the M version of the Summaron 28/5.6 on the CL and there are examples posted on the CL image section..It’s one of my favorite combos..

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear all,

thanks for your replies, I will check now the pictures in the image section.

Philipp