Purchase used Leica M-P (Typ 240) ​?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just purchased a used "demo" M-P from Adorama on EBay. It came in like new condition still with all of the stuff that's supposed to come with it in the original boxes and bags.  The protective covers were all in place including the rear screen plastic peal off.  It was a great transaction and they shipped it to me within 10 days.  For $4.200 it was a little high compared to other used M-P models but I felt it was worth the extra cost dealing with a reputable firm to get the extended return and warrantee.  Good luck on your search it's a great camera.

• 3 weeks later...

@iriscaddis,

Take a look at www.camerawest.com - I have bought a lot of M kit from them, both new and used, and have always been quite pleased with the results.  I have bought new M lenses from Tamarkin and have always had good experiences with them, too. 

Don't forget that when buying used from a Leica dealer, you can always ask them if they can do better than the listed price.  I would always try to negotiate on price when buying used; the worst they can do is say no. 

Edited by Herr Barnack

• 2 years later...

I have bought many Leica's both new and used, both film and digital. All from Leica Miami (formerly call Dale Photo's). If I ever had a problem in warranty or not, they either fixed the unit on the spot, sent it to Leica (and ALWAYS giving me a loaner on the spot) or just gave me a new one (or like used one) off the shelf. In other words their service is white kid gloves all the way. Remember the purchase is just the first part of the relationship with the seller (same with cars).

• Like 1