23mm 1.4 Summilux

6 hours ago, cirke said:

there is a 23 summicron TL or a 35 summilux TL, sorry I dont understand your question

The 23 Summicron-TL is f/2 at its widest, and a 23 Summilux-TL would be f/1.4 at its widest, giving a stop faster.  The Summary (F/5.6), Elmar (f/4), Elmarit (f/2.8), Summarit (f/2.4), Summicron (f/2), Summilux (f/1.4) and Noctilux (f<1.4) lenses are also believed to each have a slightly different finger print - more to so as a result of when they were produced and what the design team was aiming for than any real consistency in approach.  Peter Karbe believes that you should select aperture for depth of field, rather than speed - ISO and shutter speed take care of that.

While the Summiluxes are faster and have a shallower depth of field wide open, they are not always better lenses.  The 50 Summilux-M ASPH is a very good lens, but the APO-Summicron-M 50/2 ASPH, a stop slower than the Summilux (also an APO lens), is a better lens and is considerably more expensive.  The Summicron-SL lenses are also considered to be some of the best lenses Leica has every produced.

A 23 Summilux-TL would be f/1.4 presumably and would give a shallower depth of field than the 23 Summicron, which might be welcome with an APS-C camera ... 

I'd prefer back, I think.

• Like 1

Thanks Ikarus , I have had already the M 50mm Summilux, Noctilux 0.95 , and Apo Summicron , I just did not understand that this topic was a wish list
I'd like to see of course a TL 23mm 1.4 and a real good TL portrait lens   TL 60mm  summilux 1.4, and why not a small  TL 18-35 with constant f/2
+ a small Flash like the SF 26 but with HSS 

Edited by cirke
  • Like 1