swap quilckly from/to BW to color

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Q since a year and very happy with it, even if seeing the new Q2 improving (a lot). Waiting for the improve of the next one (Q3) as I can see on the forum is the best way to never buy a camera. I think that the Q (old) will help you to deliver quite impressive picture that do not deserve waiting hypothetic coming improves.

My question concerns the Q : is it possible to swap quickly from BW to color and reverse and how to do it ? if you have an answer, please give me the complete path, that would really help me.

Thanks in advance and enjoy this marvel (first Leica for me, often in automatic mode, sometimes in manual)

Yes. Just set up 2 user profiles, one with standard colour and one with monochrome jpegs. Then put the user profile menu option in the favourites menu.

To swap between the two profiles, just hit the menu button, select user profiles, and then select the profile you want.

Or obviously you could put the jpeg setting in the favourites menu if you didn’t want to reset any of the other settings as you would if you used a user profile.

Edited by Tobers

• 5 months later...

I have read the above but still want to double check if there a simpler way to toggle with 'one button' press between Standard and B&W Mono HC using FN button for example.

I currently have set FN button to jump to Film Style then I have to scroll between FS options to get to my desired setting.

What would be really cool is with each press of FN button toggles between Standard and B&W (Mono HC), therefore no need to scroll.

Maybe this could be a firmware update for the future if not currently available.