jaapv

Leica Q2, the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was asked to photograph a charity race.  I used my SL for the actual race but while waiting for the race to start I had my Q2.  I noticed some silvered balloons and this was the result.

Thanks,  Mark

100 Years Bauhaus Dessau Germany – Recommendations... 

32 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Posted in the Barnack June Challenge. Sugar water on the Petunia flower, Broad-tailed Hummingbird, male, Leica Q2, 1/800, f/9, ISO 400, on tripod, using a Canon MR-14 EX II ring flash plus four Canon 600 EX-RT flashes. All flashes in Manual mode at low power. This image is actually a composite done in Photoshop although I have numerous images OOC very similar. None that I like as well as this one. 

Stunning and gorgeous - congrats!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, iQ2 said:

Posted in the Barnack June Challenge. Sugar water on the Petunia flower, Broad-tailed Hummingbird, male, Leica Q2, 1/800, f/9, ISO 400, on tripod, using a Canon MR-14 EX II ring flash plus four Canon 600 EX-RT flashes. All flashes in Manual mode at low power. This image is actually a composite done in Photoshop although I have numerous images OOC very similar. None that I like as well as this one. 

Dan,  This one is absolutely fantastic--even better than the one you posted on this thread last week!  The background, the flower, and of course the colors and details of the bird's feathers are simply exquisite.  Thanks so much for posting!

- Scott

39 minutes ago, FHPdoc said:

Dan,  This one is absolutely fantastic--even better than the one you posted on this thread last week!  The background, the flower, and of course the colors and details of the bird's feathers are simply exquisite.  Thanks so much for posting!

- Scott

Scott, all,

Thanks. Hummingbird photography with the Q/Q2 is fun challenging. It’s somewhat like sports photography in that the camera was never designed to perform excellently in that area. 

The single most difficult part is the FOTOS app not allowing manual focus. It makes an undesirable lag on every photo once the shutter button is pressed on the app. Its also extra challenging for any kind of macro photography. 

Hummingbirds are spread through much of the Americas and Canada. I urge others to try and photograph them. I will absolutely consult to help anyone wishing advice. 

great image would never have thought possible with a Q2 

New to Leica and the Q2. First time posting to Forum. My wife and I went to Japan in April - a most interesting and fascinating experience. 

Images: in her seventh year daughter goes to Sensoji Temple Tokyo for a blessing with mother. Dad was off to the side out of picture. The image was cropped.

Crowd scene at temple in Osaka and the Osaka city density from hotel.