The Q is almost 1-stop brighter than the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In a way, yes. The beholder being the camera design team.

From post #46:

The choices are based solely on the manufacturer’s opinion of what EI values produce well-exposed sRGB images at the various sensor sensitivity settings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xaradaisy said:

I was about to point out the same.

He needs to downsize the Q2 file to the same size as Q files to make comparisons.

Even in the files, as it is without downsizing, I see colors holding better in the Q2 files.

Sorry, I was relying on the forum / flickr to show them at the same size instead of downsizing the original file. 

Edited by dancook

8 hours ago, dancook said:

Sorry, I was relying on the forum / flickr to show them at the same size instead of downsizing the original file. 

Sorry Dan, I am a bit confused. I thought you have downsized them to the same pixel size. Is that not correct? (I am talking about the crop)

From the samples I've seen they look pretty similar apart from the absence of banding in the Q2 which could ruin images in the original Q because it wasn't straight so removing it was nearly impossible. I'd call that a fairly significant improvement albeit that the banding shouldn't have been there in the first place.