Availability of the Q2

I put myself on a waitlist that was started a few days prior to announcement at a US Leica store and was told I should get a camera in 1-2 months. So we will see. The list apparently was pretty long among those put on after the announcement.

Anyone have updates on availability in the US?

As for me, emailed my local dealer on 2/15 to be added (which seemed to me long enough ago to be high on the list, but maybe not!). On last check there is no ETA on shipments.  Is stock in the US really that bad?  I don't see too many people from the US posting.

Not some huge rush or anything but the lack of information or certainty seems a bit odd.  New to Leica and hearing along the lines of "that's a Leica thing".  Maybe I'll get a nice surprise email soon.  That would make a pretty crappy year so far a bit better!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So far the seem very unevenly distributed. Still haven’t seen even a demo unit in all the shops in Stockholm. Which is weird since the Copenhagen boutique have gotten enough cameras delivered to still have stock to sell. Just the waiting list in my local shop is 30+.

Edited by jbripley

2 hours ago, activeuk said:

Any idea when the uk will get q2 stock looking at a q-p but really want the q2 but do not want to wait for long

I don't know generally but can only say that I ordered my Q2 from Park Cameras very quickly after the Q2 was announced and, while they had none when I ordered (although someone else on this forum did manage to get one from them immediately), mine came through at the end of yesterday and I collected it this morning. So there are deliveries coming through.

Stephen

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

I don't know generally but can only say that I ordered my Q2 from Park Cameras very quickly after the Q2 was announced and, while they had none when I ordered (although someone else on this forum did manage to get one from them immediately), mine came through at the end of yesterday and I collected it this morning. So there are deliveries coming through.

Stephen

thanks mate will give them a call tommorw i have a pre order with them and a couple more places

how are you liking the q2

1 minute ago, activeuk said:

how are you liking the q2

I can't say much at the moment as I've had a very busy day and have only just been able to sit down to get the settings as I want them. In that respect alone I like the tailoring options and flexibility—even if it takes a little thought to get things how you want them. I haven't yet taken a single photograph, I'm ashamed to say!

Stephen