jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, fredus said:

Received my Q2 from B&H after 4 (long) months. Couldn't be happier. Thanks for whoever gave the dental floss tip to install the peak design attachment to the camera's lugs ... It would have driven me crazy without the tip :) Installed a no glare expert shield screen as I do with all my camera and I'm all set to go! 

Make sure you are using the latest version anchors from PD. The early style will fray and break. 

1 minute ago, jeff_m said:

Make sure you are using the latest version anchors from PD. The early style will fray and break. 

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the strap so I'm assuming I get the latest but will check later today. Will use this as reference: https://support.peakdesign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000833866-2018-Anchor-Update 

Thank you again! 

1 hour ago, fredus said:

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the strap so I'm assuming I get the latest but will check later today. Will use this as reference: https://support.peakdesign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000833866-2018-Anchor-Update 

Thank you again! 

FWIW, I manage to thread V4 through the lugs using dental floss. Definitely tight, hopefully they won't fray... I'll keep an eye on it 👀

I have recently decided to get the Q2.I knew it's backordered all over.

Today I walked into my local Leica dealer and asked some questions about it and how to get on their "list" to get one eventually. 

The salesman (actually, perhaps the store owner) said that he just happened to have one in stock and if I wanted to buy it. I did and I did.

Now to managed the spousal explosion.

I've paid attention to this thread for awhile, after deciding to order a Q2 (which absolutely feels like a splurge btw!) and have had one backordered for quite awhile. I happened to visit the Leica Store San Fran website today and they had the Q2 available. It's shipping this afternoon. Thought I'd mention it in case others are still on the hunt.

Good luck! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, stevej2001 said:

I have recently decided to get the Q2.I knew it's backordered all over.

Today I walked into my local Leica dealer and asked some questions about it and how to get on their "list" to get one eventually. 

The salesman (actually, perhaps the store owner) said that he just happened to have one in stock and if I wanted to buy it. I did and I did.

Now to managed the spousal explosion.

Steve, I was on the waiting list at Miami and DC stores. Received a call last week from both  

PS, you’re spouse is lucky if a camera is your only vice

Edited by NJUSA1
Correction

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any updates from Adorama or B&H? I am one phone call away from pulling my order but I do lose sales tax that I'd save by keeping my order at Adorama (which is a battery or 2)...

It's been radio silence for months.

PopFlash was able to get me a Q2 within a week of my order.  They initially told me it would be about a month.  But it was much less.  They said that Leica is sending more of them out.

I called LV leica store yesterday and just put my name on the waiting list. Adorama said they do not know when they will get stocks yet. 

On 8/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, andreim said:

I've paid attention to this thread for awhile, after deciding to order a Q2 (which absolutely feels like a splurge btw!) and have had one backordered for quite awhile. I happened to visit the Leica Store San Fran website today and they had the Q2 available. It's shipping this afternoon. Thought I'd mention it in case others are still on the hunt.

Good luck! 

Mine was at the Walnut Creek, CA store, a branch of the San Francisco store.

No problem picking one up in NYC dealer store in SoHo. They are getting shipments weekly, just ask them for which day, call upon that day and make sure you intend to purchase so you don't lose credibility. I walked in and out in a few days with a new Q2. Box not yet opened, review to come.

3 hours ago, Silimax said:

Order from B&H on 5/2. B&H info me Q2 ship out today.  Almost 4 moths of waiting.  

Hopefully you will love it and it’ll be trouble free. I’m very happy with mine and no problems either. It’s a great walk around and travel camera. 

4 months seems to be the norm. I ordered mine in March from B&H and received it in July.  I also ordered a spare battery about the same time and it arrived a month before the camera.  It is a wonderful camera BTW and worth the wait IMO.

Bought my Q2 from Leica Bellevue. Beautiful camera – and excellent service from the staff!

I was interested in getting the 5 year extended warranty policy that Adorama offers, does anybody know if any other shop with Q2 in availability offers such insurance policies?

51 minutes ago, CRTZMO said:

Bought my Q2 from Leica Bellevue. Beautiful camera – and excellent service from the staff!

Yes, I've bought many products from them since they opened (including a Q2 on launch day), great service & staff.

Las vegas Leica just called me and told me someone cancelled! I placed the order right away. 

Loved their service. They were super helpful and nice.