Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, photogray said:

I have a rather venal explanation for the fact that one can place an order at BH Photo in May and still be on an invisible wait list, and someone like Charlie F can place an order at a smaller camera shop on August 1st and have the camera in six days. I imagine that the large sellers like BH either are offered or negotiate a lower wholesale cost based on their volume business. Perhaps Leica is fulfilling orders to their more profitable wholesale clients first?  I placed my order at BH in June largely because they're offering through 'Payboo' to eat the sales tax, a significant amount of money in NY State. I'll gut it out with my CL and 23 Summicron till.....whenever.

yeah, that totally makes sense, also that maybe leica treats everyone equal and send them the same number of cameras, that would explain why B&H and Adorama only get 10 cameras maybe? and other small shops get the same 10 cameras

I just spoke to a nice guy at B&H.  According to him they will receive a shipment of Q2s on August 13th.  I placed my order with them on March 26th and my camera will be shipped from this batch.... I’m flying out to Europe for three weeks on the 15th so fingers crossed I get the camera in time.  Thanks for all your posts they have made the past 5 months bearable :)

5 hours ago, SFO_MRS said:

I just spoke to a nice guy at B&H.  According to him they will receive a shipment of Q2s on August 13th.  I placed my order with them on March 26th and my camera will be shipped from this batch.... I’m flying out to Europe for three weeks on the 15th so fingers crossed I get the camera in time.  Thanks for all your posts they have made the past 5 months bearable :)

I placed an order for a Q2 on B&H the same time you did! Seems like the camera will be in our hands the 14th!! Finally!!

On 8/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, SFO_MRS said:

I got a nice surprise today.  Either B&H received an early shipment or someone canceled their order because I received a shipping notice from B&H today.  The camera will arrive tomorrow.  So finally my 3/26 order has been fulfilled. 

On 8/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, photogray said:

I have a rather venal explanation for the fact that one can place an order at BH Photo in May and still be on an invisible wait list, and someone like Charlie F can place an order at a smaller camera shop on August 1st and have the camera in six days. 

And I can understand your frustration. Gary at Florham Camera used to run a family-run store since the 70's he told me when i picked it up today [Thurs 8th]... but he's downsized to a much smaller office. It's just him and his passion for Leica. But he does seem to have an amazing relationship with Leica, and perhaps he can finagle small numbers of stock where larger orders for the likes of Adorama or B&H are harder to fill.

But hey... what do I know, I'm an Art Director/photographer by trade. I just thought I'd give this guy a shot and here I am. Maybe it's work calling him, I can highly recommend his old-school personal service.

Edited by Charlie F.

22 hours ago, jeff_m said:

Leica Store Las Vegas has them right now. 702-868-4070 Tell them Jeff said to call😀

I've called them, and Mr. Harold helped me out with a Leica Q2 and the protector. He finished everything in 30 mins, and the package is on the way now. 

Thank you Jeff. I still can't believe it is true.   :D  

3 hours ago, JayJS said:

I've called them, and Mr. Harold helped me out with a Leica Q2 and the protector. He finished everything in 30 mins, and the package is on the way now. 

Thank you Jeff. I still can't believe it is true.   :D  

Your welcome. I really like the employees at the Las Vegas Leica Store. I’m surprised at how much I like my Q2.

Received my Q2 from B&H after 4 (long) months. Couldn't be happier. Thanks for whoever gave the dental floss tip to install the peak design attachment to the camera's lugs ... It would have driven me crazy without the tip :) Installed a no glare expert shield screen as I do with all my camera and I'm all set to go! 

• Like 2