Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

55 minutes ago, bourne said:

Received a call from Leica Store in DC yesterday.... my number is up and they are ready to ship my Q2.  Quite fast as I was only on the waitlist with them for 2 months.  Still no word from B&H regarding my order so no I can shorten that list for someone waiting.  Very excited as I am heading to London in a week.  Perhaps I can purchase a spare battery in London while I am there.

Hi

i am in London and batteries are hard to find. Try Park cameras as you can order now for click and collect.  They are in central London. 

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/L092944B/digital-camera-batteries/leica/leica-bp-scl4-battery-for-leica-sl-and-q2

Josh

I placed a Q2 order with BH Photo on April 8th.  Three weeks ago I called BH Photo and was told to possibly expect another 12 to 18 month wait.  About a month ago I called Florham Camera of Florham Park, NJ USA 973-822-2626 and spoke with owner, Gary Stein to place my name on Q2 Wait List.  A few days ago I got the call that a Q2 is available. It should receive it tomorrow. Once I receive it I will cancel my order with BH Photo. I’m glad I followed the advice from this forum to seek out smaller dealers. I regret selling my M9 and 4 lenses  six years ago. I’m glad to be coming back to Leica. 

• Like 1

Gary Stein owner of Florham Camera of Florham, NJ USA 973-822-2626, says he regularly gets good numbers of the Q2 and he says he only has a few people on his waiting list. Give him a call. I just bought a spare Q2 battery from him - nice guy and he sold it to me $15 less than B&H's price.

6 hours ago, Matsaly said:

Thanks for the tip. Gary is very easy to deal with and forthcoming about inventory. He has a shipment of Q2 batteries coming in later this week. I ordered one as  spare.

I ordered a spare  from Leica on their site.. when i called the rep said that a boatload that just came in...  this was a month or so ago.

7 hours ago, JimBo said:

My dealer in Portland, Oregon just told me my Q2 is in, but I’m going to pass. If anyone local wants to go downtown and pick up their Q2 in my place, message me. I think the store will allow a proxy!

And it’s gone!

• Like 1

forgot to mention: I put my name on the Leica store in Vegas a couple of months ago, and 2 days ago got a call that the Q2 was in. I thanked them and turned it down as I already got one from District Camera about a month or so ago.

Those in Europe, Fotoprofessional in Amsterdam has one in stock. They also had one in Foto Rembrandt in Antwerp, but I managed to snag it. Maybe they have more coming, forgot to ask. Just a heads-up.

It seems Leica is more focused on supplying small independent shops first and foremost, rather than their own and big online stores. Which is a good thing, I'd say.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, Gethyn said:

+1 Thanks also for the tip.  Been on the B&H wait list since 5 May.  Had very pleasant conversation with Gary today and placed an order with him.  He sounds very hopeful about a short wait.

I received my Q2 yesterday, July 22nd, from Florham Camera. It only took one month from the time I placed my name on wait list until I received the camera. The manufacture date of camera was July 1, 2019.  I cancelled my 3+ month order with BH Photo.  I’m already very impressed with the results I am getting from the camera. 

8 minutes ago, Bulabarry said:

I received my Q2 yesterday, July 22nd, from Florham Camera. It only took one month from the time I placed my name on wait list until I received the camera. The manufacture date of camera was July 1, 2019.  I cancelled my 3+ month order with BH Photo.  I’m already very impressed with the results I am getting from the camera. 

wow, it's like dairy products, that camera is so fresh hahaha 3 weeks after building it it's in your hands

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, alksv said:

Those in Europe, Fotoprofessional in Amsterdam has one in stock. They also had one in Foto Rembrandt in Antwerp, but I managed to snag it. Maybe they have more coming, forgot to ask. Just a heads-up.

It seems Leica is more focused on supplying small independent shops first and foremost, rather than their own and big online stores. Which is a good thing, I'd say.

Please don't!!! Photo Professional has about the worst reputation of any camera business I know. Despite the false claim on their website, they are not a Leica dealer, so this camera is unlikely to be in an unopened box. It might be some customer return that they managed to get hold of -at best-.

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

Please don't!!! Photo Professional has about the worst reputation of any camera business I know. Despite the false claim on their website, they are not a Leica dealer, so this camera is unlikely to be in an unopened box. It might be some customer return that they managed to get hold of -at best-.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn’t know that, I found info on them on the rangefinder forum, many people recommended them, but the thread is very old so it might be grossly out-of-date. Didn’t mean to mislead and will avoid them from now on.

Unfortunately, I can’t edit my initial post to reflect that. Be careful, everyone.

Edited by alksv